Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE DIFF SWAP? NEED HELP ASAP

Jason44724

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA UTE
Hi I’ve got a VE Omega Ute 2012 and it only does one peggers so I assume it’s got an open-diff. I had come across a listing for a VE Sv6 sedan lsd diff and I was wondering if it is compatible with my vehicle so I can do fun stuff?

H

harrop.senator

Won't really be able to do fun stuff unless it's wet due to the torque management and anti abuse modes.

It's the same type of diff but I'm unsure what the ratios are between them.

Jason44724

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA UTE
Yeah I under
Won't really be able to do fun stuff unless it's wet due to the torque management and anti abuse modes.

It's the same type of diff but I'm unsure what the ratios are between them.
Yeah I understand what you mean, but essentially I have read somewhere that ve diffs regardless of like sedan/wagon/Ute can be swapped over. Etc; sedan diff can be swapped into a wagon/Ute. I just wanna confirm if that’s the case or not

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah I under

Yeah I understand what you mean, but essentially I have read somewhere that ve diffs regardless of like sedan/wagon/Ute can be swapped over. Etc; sedan diff can be swapped into a wagon/Ute. I just wanna confirm if that’s the case or not
The ZF diffs in VE/VF's are all swappable, just the yoke on the input shaft is different between V6 and V8.

Jason44724

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA UTE
So briefly from my understanding so far, I just need a VE/VF ZF V6 diff and swap the lovely pumpkins over?

H

harrop.senator

Yes they fit apart from yoke change as said.

If the ratio is incorrect you'll need to change the ppk settings in the cluster to recalibrate the Speedo and of auto the shift point shouldddddd be touched up.

I'd still throw a shorter one in it and deal without the tune over staying the same ratio lol.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Jason44724

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA UTE
Yes they fit apart from yoke change as said.

If the ratio is incorrect you'll need to change the ppk settings in the cluster to recalibrate the Speedo and of auto the shift point shouldddddd be touched up.

I'd still throw a shorter one in it and deal without the tune over staying the same ratio lol.

ah yeah alright, I gotcha thank you so much for that