Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Door actuator

manualwagon

manualwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 calais, 2017 Triumph Tiger. 2023 Jolion HEV
Still having battery problems with my VE Cal, Battery still draining, GM alternator update has been done. I am about to check the Air Con relay as someone posted it is a likely cause, Today I read another thread saying the RHF door actuator is also a common cause. How do I test to see if the the door actuator is the cause of the drain as it works ok at the moment. Thanks in anticipation John P

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I would do it via the door loom plug in between the door and body. You would back probe the circuits.
To find parasitic drain, you need a back probe set ideally. These access the circuit from the back of plugs and get in under the seals that surround the back of many plugs.

You could also remove the door trim and access the plug with the car closed up so it’s like normal then.

I would watch a few videos and start looking everywhere. Not just a few places.
Get the factory manual (you’ll find a link for the download with a quick search on Google. A few forum members have posted it) you will need the circuit diagrams and pin outs.