Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Door Actuator's

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey guys ,

I have done a bit of a search and found most of the information I need to fix a problem. The problem is when I open the drivers door after turning the car off, The radio stays on half the time. So, I have found already that this is a fairly common issue within the VE range and it come down to the actuator not grounding properly.

My question is. I have a VE II Calais. Is the door actuator from ALL VE commodores the same? Or is the wiring different between different models?

My thought process is, if they are the same between all models, I may just head to a wreckers and buy an entire door. Seems to be cheaper than buying just the actuator for some reason.

Cheers
raZel
:thumbsup:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine done the same . Got it fixed under warranty . There is one on ebay for $45.00.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Oh really? Can you post me the link please?
Also, I don't think I would be able to claim it under the warranty, my car is a 2011 Model and I didn't purchase it from the factory.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Thanks for that man! Just need to find out 100% if all actuator models are the same, Having a calais they always seem to have extra cables etc to be mindful of. I also a bit sus on 1 guy selling 1 actuator.. I mean, its a fairly random part to be selling considering he doesn't have anything for sale at the moment.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Thanks for that man! Just need to find out 100% if all actuator models are the same, Having a calais they always seem to have extra cables etc to be mindful of. I also a bit sus on 1 guy selling 1 actuator.. I mean, its a fairly random part to be selling considering he doesn't have anything for sale at the moment.

Know what your saying . He could have the same problem ,bought a new one and selling the crappy one

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Yeah exactly... Which is why i'm either considering buying an entire door off a wrecked car or a brand new item... But before I do that, i just someone to confirm if they're all the same lol

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Bump :thumbsup:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Buying a new item woukd be the go . There is no guarantee that the actuator in a second hand door works .

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Ring up Holden Parts and see if the parts numbers are the same , if you expand Ebay image you can see part number. I would never buy a secondhand electric part this complex, it might be good or it might have an intermittent fault which would be a real headache.