Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Door Locks

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Greetings,

Just a quick question in relation to the remote door locks on the VE: Do VE commodores have a deadlock mechanism? The reason I ask is that the VE owners manual doesn't mention anything about deadlocks. My old VX had deadlocks. This was activated by pressing the remote key on lock twice. The cars indicators would give a long flash (approx 3 seconds) to indicate the deadlock is activated. :confused::confused:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Greetings,

Just a quick question in relation to the remote door locks on the VE: Do VE commodores have a deadlock mechanism? The reason I ask is that the VE owners manual doesn't mention anything about deadlocks. My old VX had deadlocks. This was activated by pressing the remote key on lock twice. The cars indicators would give a long flash (approx 3 seconds) to indicate the deadlock is activated. :confused::confused:

yes & no, there have been some reports they do in earlier models but later not, what you can try is sit in the car and press it twice then open the door by the lock on the door and it should set off the alarm, well in my case anyway.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
not sure if this would help but with the vs the deadlock was key activated as you had to push the button to lock it and then stick the key in the door and then turn the key all the way to the left and pull it out once again not sure if this is the case with the ve

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
My 2006 Calais has remote control deadlocking. I just press the key to lock it twice within about 4 seconds and it does the extra little bit.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
My 2006 Calais has remote control deadlocking. I just press the key to lock it twice within about 4 seconds and it does the extra little bit.

Correct. All VE's have this feature. It was standard from the VT onwards. VP-VS was key activated.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
It will do the "Beep" if you lock it twice, but it's not deadlock for the doors, it's for the engine

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
yes & no, there have been some reports they do in earlier models but later not, what you can try is sit in the car and press it twice then open the door by the lock on the door and it should set off the alarm, well in my case anyway.
The reports are mixed because people aren't testing it correctly. Yes the alarm will go off if you get in, lock the car, manually unlock the door and open it. However the deadlock feature (as per VT-VZ) was to press the lock button on the remote twice. This would mean that manually unlocking the car from inside was not possible. This is not a feature on the VE. See below...

not sure if this would help but with the vs the deadlock was key activated as you had to push the button to lock it and then stick the key in the door and then turn the key all the way to the left and pull it out once again not sure if this is the case with the ve
This method doesnt work on the VE.

No it doesn't...

Correct. All VE's have this feature. It was standard from the VT onwards. VP-VS was key activated.
Wrong!

This topic has been done to death...

NO VE HAS A DEADLOCK FEATURE FOR THE DOORS!!!

Don't believe me? Sit in your car (VE), lock it, then lock it again (how the old deadlock feature works) and then unlock the door manually and get out. Remeber though, to unlock a VE door manually, the locking mechanism "rolls" forward, not back. People who have said their doors are deadlocked are those that are trying to unlock the door by rolling the mechanism back.

It was standard on VT-VZ but was removed by Holden for the VE with the official reason being that it was some sort of safety issue whereby people could become trapped in the car.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I stand corrected. There you have it. I will try this but I did not know this info. Thanks Cousin Slow Poke.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
My VE Commodore purchased late May 2008 (MY09)

Be aware that if you sit inside your car:

Manually lock all of the doors.

Now lock and alarm the car as usual using the touch pad on the key.

Wait until the console lights go off.

Then try to unlock the car using the unlock mechanism which is located by the handbrake.

You will find that the unlock mechanism is disabled.

You can either use the touch pad to unlock the car or;

Unlock the car manually as previously mentioned.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
My VE Commodore purchased late May 2008 (MY09)

Be aware that if you sit inside your car:

Manually lock all of the doors.

Now lock and alarm the car as usual using the touch pad on the key.

Wait until the console lights go off.

Then try to unlock the car using the unlock mechanism which is located by the handbrake.

You will find that the unlock mechanism is disabled.

You can either use the touch pad to unlock the car or;

Unlock the car manually as previously mentioned.

This has nothing to do with the deadlock feature being discussed.

The deadlock feature makes it so that the car cannot be unlocked from inside AT ALL. If you were locked inside a deadlocked VT-VZ you would have to smash a window to get out.