Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Door Trims

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi All
Pulled the door card trims off my VE to give them a good clean. Like most VE's I see these days the bottom plastic section of the door trim has scuffs and minor scratches that just won't clean off. Has anyone used one of those mobile vinyl and plastic repair/respray companies to touch up your doors? Im a bit sceptical as the finish is textured.
I've looked at second hand trims however most are in worse state than mine and Holden want $600 for new ones.
Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Try a heat gun. Just heating the plastic in the right way will take away scuffs. There’s a few vids on YouTube showing how.

Mothers VLC is amazing stuff as well. Best cleaner I’ve used. Spray on and use an old toothbrush to work out the grot from the plastic. Wipe off with a micro fibre cloth.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
For the fabric part of the trims, I’ve been impressed with Preen (?) degreaser stain remover in the pink bottle. I used it through necessity one time and it was a holy crap moment.
I will spray fabric with water to dampen it a little, then spray the stain remover on. A soft toothbrush to gently scrub tough spots. I use a lightly damp microfibre cloth to pull the grot out. Dab the rest. On suede, I then spot spray the VLC on lightly and wipe off. Then use a hard toothbrush or similar to swipe into the grain to get striping going and add to the trim finish. Looks the goods.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The method.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
You need to buy new trims then.