Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Doors locking but horn sounds 3 times as if it’s not locked/door open

ANDY22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE COMMODORE
A bit of a mystery, any advice would be great, just started today. Whereby I noticed the door light flash on/off, get out of car to lock the car, horn sounds 3 times as if I’ve left a door open. The door light stays on and eventually goes away after 1 minute of being parked, however interior lights remain on. All doors lock too. Any ideas where to check?
Thanks

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Might be the driver's door lock actuator starting to fail, especially if the interior lights stay on.
There is a microswitch in the actuator that tells the BCM to put the car to 'sleep'...

ANDY22

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE COMMODORE
Might be the driver's door lock actuator starting to fail, especially if the interior lights stay on.
There is a microswitch in the actuator that tells the BCM to put the car to 'sleep'...
Thank you! This would make sense, as my aftermarket Carbon Car System StartIt Remote start/Alarm have been going off at random hours being triggered falsely too.. I might change the drivers door actuator and see how that goes!