Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Drone

serial101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II SSV 6.0L
Hi SnowDoggyDogg

My first question was terribly worded - basically the answer to two is enough for me to not lose anymore sleep. If the drone can be lessened or removed regardless of the headers going on I am happy :)

Just as a matter of interest the person fitting the headers said it might lessen the drone as it will 'chop up' the airflow somewhat causing a more beat-y noise in the system (but this was after I had already asked to have them and before I had the drone so it wasn't a sales pitch).

Anyone have a recommendation on a good exhaust shop to talk to and get some helmholtz pipes fitted in Sydney (Western (Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith areas) or Northern Sydney (Along the Pacific Highway) preferably).

I'll see if I can find some good apps to record this noise and try to find somewhere in Sydney I can safely and legally get it to happen in sixth gear.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hi SnowDoggyDogg

My first question was terribly worded - basically the answer to two is enough for me to not lose anymore sleep. If the drone can be lessened or removed regardless of the headers going on I am happy :)

Just as a matter of interest the person fitting the headers said it might lessen the drone as it will 'chop up' the airflow somewhat causing a more beat-y noise in the system (but this was after I had already asked to have them and before I had the drone so it wasn't a sales pitch).

Anyone have a recommendation on a good exhaust shop to talk to and get some helmholtz pipes fitted in Sydney (Western (Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith areas) or Northern Sydney (Along the Pacific Highway) preferably).

I'll see if I can find some good apps to record this noise and try to find somewhere in Sydney I can safely and legally get it to happen in sixth gear.

Mate talk to (the Greek Manager forgot his name at) Midas at Chatswood, he made the ones I used to perfect result and recently sold them onto SnowDogg. All you need is to give (Spiros?) one calculated length and he will bend some 2" capped stainless to fit into your existing pipe axle back, for about $300 for a pair fitted, welded, tacked and neatly hidden between bumper and spare wheel well.

There are pics and dimensions in this thread, just use Analyser on iphone as per this thread to isolate the offending drone zone whilst driving. Then using the formula here also calculate the length in inches for the muffler dude, cinchy.

Else... Greg is the owner at SureFlow in Ingleburn, Sydney, and he has started to incorporate Helmholtz into his commercial offerings.

Else... Forget the pipes and get fully blown bi-modal mufflers for about the same price, I like this because I like the extreme flexibility it offers - Stock Legally Quiet and Top Mang Alcohol Dragster!

Dunno if you've seen this:

[video=youtube_share;iAqNOVsxzNo]http://youtu.be/iAqNOVsxzNo[/video]

If you weren't convinced the Bi-modals are loud enough, or sound a bit 'Euro' then screw your amp gain to max...

[video=youtube_share;NcrrAtco4-I]http://youtu.be/NcrrAtco4-I[/video]

to get that window-down, fist-pumpin V8 soundtrack :yarr: