Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve engine light ..... I think??

thajackal

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss wagon
Ahoy, got a 09 ve ss wagon that is doing my head in !! In brief, when I turn the key engine starts fine but after all lights on cluster light up the orange engine icon in upper left corner stays on however the middle main screen does its system check and says everything is fine but I know from past experience that anytime the engine light is on there is a warning tone followed by a big check engine font that will only disappear if you hit trip button. I've never heard or seen ve engine light on without getting the reminder after start up on main screen. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas apart from the obvious of scanning with OBD tool. Ta

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
You are correct,
The MIL can illuminate for ANY reason, big or small, it will need to be scanned,
as there is a fault that has occurred, and it may of righted itself temporarily, and the error is stored in the history, and needs to be reset,
In saying that, what ever fault occurred may not cause any effect with the operation of your car, but still needs to be checked as there could be another underlying fault.

Last edited: