Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve exhaust mufflers

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Yes, they will drone like hell, and sound like a constant Fart !
No, its not worth it,
And you will get sick of the noise, unless you want to be cop bait, and seek their attention, and get done for a Noise Defect, and get a Canary,
Then have to get a roadworthy, they will then find other things wrong with that needs to be fix,
which will cost you more in the end,
Then you will try and sell them, then the person looking at them, askes why did you take them off,
then you have to BS why, then he wont buy them, unless they are really cheap, and try and low ball you, etc, etc
I have heard these on a V6, and they sound bloody terrible, the noise reverberates through the whole car idling, accelerating, cruising, they are crap.
Save your Cash.

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Is there decently cheap way to reduce drone?, or would it not be worth it for a lowish budget. Thanks
Keep an eye out for a VF GTS centrepiece. From what I’ve played around with and come to learn; it’s the stock centre muffler that causes all that drone. Shouldn’t cost too much considering what it is.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Keep an eye out for a VF GTS centrepiece. From what I’ve played around with and come to learn; it’s the stock centre muffler that causes all that drone. Shouldn’t cost too much considering what it is.
So centre muffler delete is the way to go?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is this on a V6 or V8?

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
So centre muffler delete is the way to go?
Yeah, for some cheap noise that won’t drone like a set of rear muffler deletes on a stock system. Just remember the stock system on a VE SS/SV6 is 2 1/4” and VE/VF Clubsports, Maloo’s & GTS’ scored a 2.5” system stock. Also, on a stock system if you delete the centre muffler, you’ll need to think about what you want to do regarding a merge. There are a variety of X pipes, H pipes/balance pipes or you could forget a merge entirely and run a true twin system. But I’ve heard that you lose torque with no merge. Cheers.