Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Exhaust

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Remember, apart from th added attention from Police etc for excessive noise, any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.

WHAT A WANKER!!!!

All you ever seem to do is post that dribble up, did you even read what was said??

WANKER!!! :blah blah:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Basically mate, if you are running an omega with a SS body kit, you will want a SV6, SS/SSV exhaust, if you still aren't happy swap out the two mufflers to something after market like redback with custom tips, this will look better then any stock sv6/ss.

If you still aren't happy there are some other things you can do.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hey Guys,

What are the preferences in the X-Force 2.5" full system and a 3" full system? I know the 3" has a deeper note, just curious of the pro's and con's

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I have an omega sedan with the SS kit.

I had the stock omega exhaust for ages but just fitted the quad SS exhaust. (bought brand new from holmart)

I'm not dissagreeing with the statements made above but not only does it look very nice, I have more performance (not a huge amount but definately noticable.)

Also no drone, none whatsever.

It has a deeper but still quiet exhaust sound too.

Hope this helps!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Hey Guys,

What are the preferences in the X-Force 2.5" full system and a 3" full system? I know the 3" has a deeper note, just curious of the pro's and con's

You have an SS, not too sure, but I know alot of guys on ls1.com.au that complain about the drone with the 3" xforce, possibly ask on that forum as there is a plenthora of guys with heaps of experience in this.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Thanks kuzman89,

I have t an SS with the 2.5", I found it not really loud enough, so I had the muddle muffler removed, now there is a cam going in tomorrow and am wondering now if I have done the right thing, It will be interesting to hear the noise of it when it comes back.

I have heard a 3" with the cam, and it was loud, and had a funny noise really, I am hoping the 2.5" will be better.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Thanks kuzman89,

I have t an SS with the 2.5", I found it not really loud enough, so I had the muddle muffler removed, now there is a cam going in tomorrow and am wondering now if I have done the right thing, It will be interesting to hear the noise of it when it comes back.

I have heard a 3" with the cam, and it was loud, and had a funny noise really, I am hoping the 2.5" will be better.

have you got your standard headers and cats still? also ya should post up a vid of urs exhuast once you got the cam in man

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Once the cam is in, I wil be doing a few vids. I have some of before the cam and the mods to the X-Force exhaust, so I will post, before and after. It will be interesting to hear and see the difference.

It is a full system, 4 - 1 headers 1 5/8, hi flow cats and a stainless system all the way. I am excited about the cam, I can't wait. By next weekend I am hoping to have somw vids up on youtube.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
That is what they are saying, 3" is good if you either have forced induction or a really big cam, ported heads, upgraded pushrods valves, etc, if you're going to go over 500HP then you need the 3" exhaust, otherwise 2.5" is fine.