Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve exhaust

johnny89

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sedan
hey guys need a few questions i dont know off

1 can a 2012 series 2 ve ss twin sedan exhaust fit a 2008 series ve omega sedan i know ill need a heat sheld and bracket and bottom rear bumper twin slot facia

2 are normal genuine ve headlight not the projector ones do they give better lighting then the projector headlights

please help thanks

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No the projectors are better, hence why they are fitted on the higher SS and Calais models.

johnny89

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sedan
No the projectors are better, hence why they are fitted on the higher SS and Calais models.

but when i drive to work cars behind me their lights are brighter and make mine look weak and i have hid in them

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 6.0L
The design of a projector lamp allows a much more focussed beam to shine from the lamp, ie; the light shines where it should, rather than get scattered as it leaves the lamp. The cars behind you that don't have projectors lights seem brighter because they're partly shining into your rear vision mirrors (even on low beam). If a car with projector lamps was following you, the light beam is focussed to point at the road where it should be.

Is your car lowered ?? If it is, and the headlights haven't been re-aimed, or you haven't re-aimed them when you installed the HID's, your lights won't seem as bright because they're not pointing at the road, but you'll be half blinding oncoming drivers. (Quite alot of VE's when lowered, have the rear lowered slightly more than the front to get the car sitting level, but this raises the aiming of the headlights).

johnny89

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sedan
The design of a projector lamp allows a much more focussed beam to shine from the lamp, ie; the light shines where it should, rather than get scattered as it leaves the lamp. The cars behind you that don't have projectors lights seem brighter because they're partly shining into your rear vision mirrors (even on low beam). If a car with projector lamps was following you, the light beam is focussed to point at the road where it should be.

Is your car lowered ?? If it is, and the headlights haven't been re-aimed, or you haven't re-aimed them when you installed the HID's, your lights won't seem as bright because they're not pointing at the road, but you'll be half blinding oncoming drivers. (Quite alot of VE's when lowered, have the rear lowered slightly more than the front to get the car sitting level, but this raises the aiming of the headlights).

ok so who can i see about gettin my lights re aim or is it easy to do yourself