Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Factory GPS

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Hi there,
I updated the page, so as the images now show up.
www.carmodder.com • Factory Sat Navigation Information

There are three modules that you need (Exluding the Infotainment screen).
1) GPS Antenna (These are located near the sunload sensor underneath the demist vent plastic)
2) The Sat Nav Module that is mounted in the Glovebox
3) The Sat Nav CAN Bus Module (Mounted on the upper black footwell cover, just below the gloveox).

The Sat Nav Can Bus module is used to get speedo information, as well as send the cluster the street name and direction information.

Last edited:

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Zerone_v Just wondering if you had a chance to look at the web link i inboxed you

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Looks like my DVD drive is not supported :(

MacD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0, WH International 5.7, VU SS 5.7
Got my Calais second hand and it came with the factory GPS.
Also wouldn't mind an update disc if can get one cheap, mine has V14, so V16 would be good, have also heard that the new V17 maps are not compatible with the series 1 VE (they only work with the IQ system).

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
I am glad mine was thrown in when i bought my car as it is the worst GPS i have delt with. It doesn't have speed cameras/school zones and to "update" to the next dvd/disk Holden want $350 !! My $200 TomTom i have in my work car sh*ts all over it... ( End Rant )

$350 is a lot cheaper then others have quoted. I might actually consider it at that price. No matter how ordinary the inbuilt one is the fact that you dont have to have a device stuck to your screen with a cable going to your center console makes the inbuilt have a few extra points for convenience.

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
Got my Calais second hand and it came with the factory GPS.
Also wouldn't mind an update disc if can get one cheap, mine has V14, so V16 would be good, have also heard that the new V17 maps are not compatible with the series 1 VE (they only work with the IQ system).
I would be supprised if Holden dumped support for the VS Series 1 GPS so soon. I also have V14 and want to get V17. There is so much road works going on in Brisbane that not even V18 (when it comes out) will probably be updated to include all the road changes.

And does this mean the new IQ system also uses a DVD for the navigation.. surely not ??

MacD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0, WH International 5.7, VU SS 5.7
The IQ system uses an SD card for the Nav.
Thats why they don't work on the S1 VE

kyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE CALAIS V
The IQ system uses an SD card for the Nav.
Thats why they don't work on the S1 VE
Yes but I would assume holden would still make navigation maps on DVD as well as SD card.

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Finally got all the parts and is now working just the maps are very outdated (v14).
So what you need if you ever pick one up cheap from ebay or where ever is
The Disc
DVD player (gps one)
Aerial
The loom to power the DVD player
Video out cable (One end had a 6 or 8 pin plug other end looks like a computer moitor cable)
Navigation interface module

Once you have all these its fairly easy to figure out whats going on everything is behind the glovebox ready for a satnav to be installed.