Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE faults?

GenOktOniA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS S2
has any 1 heard of a keyless entry fault in the VE. im looking to get an sv6 but holden said theres been alot of faults in the VE commodore. are there any main issues i should be aware of with the VE's? the local holden also said hey have had alot of trouble with a keyless entry fault? does this seem to be a fairly common fault in the VE's or not?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My SS-V is coming up to 50,000 km and so far haven't had that issue. Overall I'd have to say the car is excellent and my biggest gripe is poor overall visibility out of the thing. I have had a couple of minor electrical issues where the backlights on the displays not coming on at the right time first thing in the morning etc but overall these have been very minor.

Oh - and the ****ing prick who put in the seatbelt alarm should be hung and shot. ****er!

Reaper

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Oh - and the ****ing prick who put in the seatbelt alarm should be hung and shot. ****er!

Reaper

So I take it you dont like the chime!!!:p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
has any 1 heard of a keyless entry fault in the VE. im looking to get an sv6 but holden said theres been alot of faults in the VE commodore. are there any main issues i should be aware of with the VE's? the local holden also said hey have had alot of trouble with a keyless entry fault? does this seem to be a fairly common fault in the VE's or not?

I dont own a VE! - I will say with any new platform model you can have teething problems - as most people would know. The VE is probably the most advanced mass produced main stream car (electronics wise) made in Australia.

Infact the platform of the VE was so good the Yanks said make the G8.

Other than the cheap looking plastic insides (some peoples view) the VE would be considered a success and will only get better as they update the new model.

As for Holden saying they have problems.......

Hmmmm who do you mean as "HOLDEN says"

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
My SS-V is coming up to 50,000 km and so far haven't had that issue. Overall I'd have to say the car is excellent and my biggest gripe is poor overall visibility out of the thing. I have had a couple of minor electrical issues where the backlights on the displays not coming on at the right time first thing in the morning etc but overall these have been very minor.

Reaper

Someone should show you how to setup mirrors so there is no bind spot to either side, or behind you. And you should learn to move your head. These two things combined mean there is actually ZERO visibility problems with any VE.

As for the seatbelt chime, mine has never made a sound. I get a light in the instrument cluster blinking at me but that's it. I asked the Holden service guys about it last time I was there and they said it can be activated or deactivated with the Tech 2. You don't have to live with it and get all uptight about it - just get it turned off. Or wear your seatbelt - it is the law after all.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Someone should show you how to setup mirrors so there is no bind spot to either side, or behind you. And you should learn to move your head. These two things combined mean there is actually ZERO visibility problems with any VE.

Are you naturally stupid or do you have to work at it? As per the other thread, IT IS WIDELY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT VISIBILITY OUT OF THE VE IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIMINISHED WHEN COMPARED TO IT'S PREDECESSOR. Yes there are work-arounds, but surely you would have to aknowledge that a primary goal of good design when it comes to car interiers would be maximizing the drivers field of vision nomatter where their head is pointed. Put simply the A,B & C pillars are ****ing huge when compared with nearly every other car on the road and by definition they must inhibit vision.

As for the seatbelt chime, mine has never made a sound. I get a light in the instrument cluster blinking at me but that's it. I asked the Holden service guys about it last time I was there and they said it can be activated or deactivated with the Tech 2. You don't have to live with it and get all uptight about it - just get it turned off. Or wear your seatbelt - it is the law after all.

Which dealership is that? 3 that I have spoken to plus a very highly respected member of this forum have all indicated you can't. Further more, I find it a very annoying when the ****ing thing goes off whilst the car is in park and I am in the process of putting the seatbelt on.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Are you naturally stupid or do you have to work at it? As per the other thread, IT IS WIDELY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT VISIBILITY OUT OF THE VE IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIMINISHED WHEN COMPARED TO IT'S PREDECESSOR.

I am far from stupid... I simply don't align with such an acknowledgement. I went from a VX to a VE and obviously it was the first thing I noticed and balked at when I drove my new car (test drive and when I picked it up). After a week or so of getting used to the ins and outs of my car though, it's not a problem. I acknowledge that visibilty is different to previous models, yes, but is it adverse? I say, only to those who lack the common sense to adjust to the differences. It's by no means unsafe.

I can agree to disagree with you though, but I do take offence to an implication of stupidity simply because my opinion doesn't align with yours.

Which dealership is that? 3 that I have spoken to plus a very highly respected member of this forum have all indicated you can't. Further more, I find it a very annoying when the ****ing thing goes off whilst the car is in park and I am in the process of putting the seatbelt on.

Reaper

Oh... Having not ever heard the chime in my VE I was not aware it went off when stationary. I assumed it was similar to Dad's WK Statesman where the chime only went off over 20kph. Apologies for my assumption.

The conversation I had with the service department was more out of interest, since reading about the chime complaints on this forum. While I was there I queried why I don't have a chime for my seatbelt not being done up but other people do. The answer I was told was that it was configurable with the Tech 2. I also mentioned some people I know were trying to find out if the video turning off on the front DVD screen while moving could be changed. The answer to that was of course is can - again with the Tech 2. However, the guy I was speaking to also said most places would be reluctant to acknowledge the configurability of those two things as they were considered safety issues (especially the video staying on while moving). Dealers don't want people to turn around and blame them.

The dealer was Gerald Slaven Holden in Canberra and it was one of the Service guys (not the Service Manager or a mechanic) that told me. Apologies, I do not recall his name. However I have no reason to lie about either of these things as I do not suffer from the chime, and don't have a DVD player in my car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh... Having not ever heard the chime in my VE I was not aware it went off when stationary. I assumed it was similar to Dad's WK Statesman where the chime only went off over 20kph. Apologies for my assumption.

The conversation I had with the service department was more out of interest, since reading about the chime complaints on this forum. While I was there I queried why I don't have a chime for my seatbelt not being done up but other people do. The answer I was told was that it was configurable with the Tech 2. I also mentioned some people I know were trying to find out if the video turning off on the front DVD screen while moving could be changed. The answer to that was of course is can - again with the Tech 2. However, the guy I was speaking to also said most places would be reluctant to acknowledge the configurability of those two things as they were considered safety issues (especially the video staying on while moving). Dealers don't want people to turn around and blame them.

The dealer was Gerald Slaven Holden in Canberra and it was one of the Service guys (not the Service Manager or a mechanic) that told me. Apologies, I do not recall his name. However I have no reason to lie about either of these things as I do not suffer from the chime, and don't have a DVD player in my car.

I'm not doubting your car doesn't do it - I just want mine to stop. Pitty i'm not in Canberra. I know a lot of places would be reluctant but one of my contacts was a guy who dis-armed my VY alarm and has no problem doing it.

Reaper

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

Reaper

personally when i drive ve's i dont even think of the pillars, dosnt concern me 1-iota the size of them

i only know of one instance where we had a ve which would lock and to unlock with in a couple of minutes if the remote button was pressed but if you left it for a while it wouldnt unlock by remote, you would have to do it via the door lock and then press the unlock button immediatly after so the alarm didnt go off