Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE faults?

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
Yep, don't even think about the pillars anymore.
Chime - yes it's somewhat annoying.....what if you put your belt on before you start the car, I'm guessing it will not chime?

No entry faults, have had the LCD display go blank once but has never done it again.

:thumbsup:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Here's a new one for today... Auto up driver's window decided it would change to auto down three quarters of the way up. Weird. Made me laugh! :D

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Hey Cousin,
This may help. I had the same prob where trying to put the window up it would decide to go down again by itself.
Took it to the dealer and got it fixed. Evidently the electric window mechanism inside the door had 'come loose' or got out of kilter marginally and this was the problem.
Think of it somewhat like a remote garage door, activates to go down, binds on an object under the door therefore as a safety feature reverses itself.
Hope this helps,
Rogues

GenOktOniA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS S2
thanx guys i appreciate your help very much!!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
My SSV is an August build and haven't had one problem with it.

As for the visibility, it isn't the worst I have driven. It is a bit worse than my VT but nothing to worry about in my opinion.. The main problem with vision relates to the lack of vision through the rear window due to the big spoiler (which they have stopped installing).. The only bonus with this is it blocks headlights at night..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
My SSV is an August build and haven't had one problem with it.

As for the visibility, it isn't the worst I have driven. It is a bit worse than my VT but nothing to worry about in my opinion.. The main problem with vision relates to the lack of vision through the rear window due to the big spoiler (which they have stopped installing).. The only bonus with this is it blocks headlights at night..

???? The spoiler isn't on there any more? Curiously the spoiler gives me the least problems but I am used to them on previous cars.

Reaper

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Are you naturally stupid or do you have to work at it? As per the other thread, IT IS WIDELY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT VISIBILITY OUT OF THE VE IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIMINISHED WHEN COMPARED TO IT'S PREDECESSOR. Yes there are work-arounds, but surely you would have to aknowledge that a primary goal of good design when it comes to car interiers would be maximizing the drivers field of vision nomatter where their head is pointed. Put simply the A,B & C pillars are ****ing huge when compared with nearly every other car on the road and by definition they must inhibit vision.

Which dealership is that? 3 that I have spoken to plus a very highly respected member of this forum have all indicated you can't. Further more, I find it a very annoying when the ****ing thing goes off whilst the car is in park and I am in the process of putting the seatbelt on.

Reaper

Good ol' Volvo! :yeah:

volvosccapillar500.jpg

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LOL!!! Do they call it the Reaper Pillar? :D

That would be stronger and lighter than a normal A pillar too...

Good ol' Volvo is right though... Check out the factory 4 point harness in the back! Safety first!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Probably didn't word it right. The spoiler is the same accross the board now rather than having the larger one on the SSV.

ssv4me

troy
Reaction score
Website
mogbog.com
Members Ride
VE SSV
The dealer was Gerald Slaven Holden in Canberra and it was one of the Service guys (not the Service Manager or a mechanic) that told me.

Awesome!! That's where my car is being delivered from, so if it bugs the crap out of me I know I can get it sorted there :D