Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve & Fe2

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
1991_Vn2nV said:
In the current Motor magazine or Wheels... one or the other. The designers refer to it still as FE2 suspension.

That would be a mistake the magazine made - ie, mis-quote or something. FE2 is no more. It is now simply referred to as "Sports Suspension". Ask you Holden dealer :D

L

LeBoofer

1991_Vn2nV said:
In the current Motor magazine or Wheels... one or the other. The designers refer to it still as FE2 suspension.

Im pretty sure thats right. I cant give solid quotes (cant remember where abouts sorry), but I remember reading on several websites that the sports set-up was referred to as FE2 suspension.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
LeBoofer said:
Im pretty sure thats right. I cant give solid quotes (cant remember where abouts sorry), but I remember reading on several websites that the sports set-up was referred to as FE2 suspension.

Not according to Holden...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
so, whats the new abbreviation for "sports suspension" on the assembly line then? as thats what "fe2" was wasnt it

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
I don't know. I was at my local dealer, not at the production line and the dealer was adament that FE2 is now a thing of the past... The new setup is apparently not called FE2 by Holden.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
maybe it is now just referred to as "sports suspension" by dealers, so the average joe knows what theyre on about. maybe doc bob can find out for us.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Every site I've read about the VE calls it FE2 and I call it FE2 and everyone else that's ever owned a Commodore will call it FE2 so Holden may as well keep the name :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The VE designers said that the new sports suspension was called FE2 although it is obviously different to the old FE2...

They were quoted calling it FE2 several times, so I dont think it was a misquote. It would still be the codename for the sports suspension setup.

The dealers probaly were adament about it being called sports suspension as thats what they will be selling it as... They wouldnt necessarily know/care about the codename for the production line.