Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Flip Key

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Hi all,

I'm a little confused... I'm wanting to change over to a flip key for my SV6 Series 2, I've read a few threads, but it's just confused me heaps.

So basically, I have an old crappy spare key that the buttons are all worn out on, and I was going to use this key as the base to upgrade, and just switch the buttons over.

So the remote is already programmed to unlock/lock the car with the buttons.

I was looking at buying this off ebay: Flip OUT KEY Head Genuine Holden Commodore VE WM Omega SSV SS Calais 2006 2013 | eBay

I know that I can get the key cut at locksmith etc, but is there anything else that's required with the actual metal key part itself, and if so how I go about it?

I don't really feel like paying 300+ to get this done through Holden.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
holden need to code the key too, most key cutting places can't do it.

so you'd be able to use the current remote, get new buttons, get the flip top and get it cut, but holden will need to program it still

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
A few locksmith places do all the coding key stuff now. Search out nearest and get them to cut and code for 1/3 of Holden price.

ab140

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute
I had to get my new flip key programed at Holden. They had to redo my existing keys at the same time.

I spent a month or so trying to get it sorted out with locksmiths etc, but for the VE I couldn't find anyone who could do the programing.

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
Mate it's possible, I did mine last week.....

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
You can program the key yourself, it should only cost you around $25 to cut the key use your current transponder(remote) program the key as it's stated in my thread. I did it last week on my car and my brothers ve SS . With NO problem at all.

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I've got the flip key now and also got the key cut.

Now, trying to program the key myself is a different story...

So, currently I have 2 existing keys for my vechile, I tried to do the whole, turn the existing key to accessories, and leave in for 10 seconds, remove key, put in new flip key and turn to accessories, wait for all accessories to load, then take the newly cut key out, insert back into the vechile, and turn the vechile on.

When I did this, I only completed this with 1 out of the 2 existing keys I already have, when I put the flip key in, it says: Engine Immobilised, Refer to User Manual.
The car does turn on with the new flip key, but that message stays on.

Do I need to do the first step with the 2 existing keys I already have? And then put the new flip key in, or can it be done with just 1 of them?

Also - is there a certain amount of times that Engine Immobilised message can come on? Like, will it fully shut down the ability to turn my car on?

Your replies are appreciated :)

Thanks.

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
I just done this last night win my ute and it worked no worries (with both keys).
You only turn the key to ACC, that is to say, only the radio turns on. Not the dash and stuff. I kept turning it not the on position and had the same problems that your having

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
Oh and you have to put through the 2 original keys before the new cut key

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free