Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Flip Key

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VE flip keys **** me to tiers. Of the 3 cars I have had with them, EVERY SINGLE KEY has fallen apart within about 2 years. Stupidest idea ever!

dagsy

Reaction score
I have just been trying this with a 2013 ve2 sv6 and won't work. Do you swap the button part of the keys over or just use the new blade then change the buttons when you are done?

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
VE flip keys **** me to tiers. Of the 3 cars I have had with them, EVERY SINGLE KEY has fallen apart within about 2 years. Stupidest idea ever!
Timely info for me, I am going to a locksmith tomorrow to get a new 2nd key for my VE SS, I bought the car 9 months ago but only had one key. I was thinking to get the new key as a flip, I'll just get standard key now, thanks for the info.

dagsy

Reaction score
So...just realised I bought flips without transponders in them. What a toss! So do I try and cut open my fixed blade heads to get transponder out or get more keys.

Domo1918

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
Don't you have to program the remote as well?? Or does doing the whole orginal keys in for 10 seconds then new key program it all?

Also do I need a transponder in each key I want reprogrammed?

Reason is I've got 2 keys one is broken and the other is a spare? I'm replacing the broken one with a new one.

Thanks

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
When i bought another key for my ve the guy said to make sure that you bring all the existing keys as they needed to be reprogrammed as well as they won't work after the new one is programmed. Its a safety thing so if you misplace a key and someone finds it , it won't work

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I know it's an old thread but can't I just buy the empty flip key from eBay, take the internals from the old key and switch them to the new key then have the key cut at a locksmith?

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
I know it's an old thread but can't I just buy the empty flip key from eBay, take the internals from the old key and switch them to the new key then have the key cut at a locksmith?
I would just ring around the local locksmiths...might turn out just as cheap to get it all from them. Last time i got one for a VE done it was around $200 all up for a new flip key. Thats' here in Perth