Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Flip keys?

genetic_freak

Technical Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina 304
LMAO the technical tuning required is to simply cut some traces under the PIC chip, they match up on the receiver to the key remote. I highly doubt that it would be more difficult than that.... Have you tried?
Colin

lol how many people do you see out there with a router to cut the track out the pcb and then to confirm that the RF signal matches the delfi system. i'm not ruling out that it isn't possible at all.

as for resizing the pcb someone else quoted. its not going to fit. the tracks go all the way to the edge of the board in a vt-vy key

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i thought the same thing, the circuit board in my vy key is double sided and not overly complex so im sure it could be modified or a new pcb made to fit the flip key remote.

ive already got my hand on the actual blade part of a ve flip key and have taken it to a key cutting place to be cut and they told me it cannot be done.. im completely ignorant to how keys work but surely it cant be that hard. the guy didnt look like the quickest of cats so when i get time ill take it somewhere else

as for the contact and starting the car, even if you didnt modify the ve key to contain a contact for the imobiliser, you could just press the unlock button on the key fob to disable the imobiliser if it is armed and then start the car anyway... the contact is there more for convinience then anything else

matt

from VT the contact is required to start the car.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
from VT the contact is required to start the car.

thats what i would have thought, but i lost the 2 little screws that hold the key blade into the key head a while back and i drove for about 3 weeks using only the blade in the ignition to start the car. if i waited too long between unlocking and starting my car and the imobiliser had rearmed, i simply pressed the unlock button again on the key head which i kept in my pocket. this was on a vy1... perhaps there is something wrong with my car...?

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
lol how many people do you see out there with a router to cut the track out the pcb and then to confirm that the RF signal matches the delfi system. i'm not ruling out that it isn't possible at all.

as for resizing the pcb someone else quoted. its not going to fit. the tracks go all the way to the edge of the board in a vt-vy key

yeh i dont know about resizing the existing board, even if ya cut a piece of and jumpered the broken tracks with some wires, i doubt the buttons would be in the right spot.

like i said before, i am gonna attempt getting the flip key to work on my vy but im gonna create a new pcb to fit in the ve remote and use the components off the original vy key. i know its a lot of pissing around for a key but its definately not impossible to do

genetic_freak

Technical Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina 304
i'm glad to see that you're going to attempt this. let me know how you go :D

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Over a month and still no word.