Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Fog Light Mounting

MSVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary
Hi all,

I have had a search through the forum, but could not find a clear answer. I have a VE 60th anniversary which i am installing foggies in. I have the berlina bezels already and am getting a pair of lights but i am unsure how to mount them. Are the lights secured onto the bezel, the bumper or somthing else, and what will i need to purchase.

Thanks in advance

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
Hi
I'm new here too!!! And trying to to do a similar thing with an Omega to SS/SV6 front nose conversion...

I've stripped my front bar (Omega) are there are provisions (mounting brackets) for fog lights there already. There is some conjecture as to whether there are different front looms across the range - obviously there will be between V6 and V8 models - but I would assume that the of each variety would have the same loom. I have a mate who works for a panel shop, and he had a look at where the fog loom mounts on an SS yesterday for me as they had one there by coincidence!! The fog loom plugs into a large plug that sits to the lower driver's side of the front cross member. You will also note that the horn plus in there as well. I'm yet to try to plug the loom that I already have into it though - that's today's exercise!!

So, I would assume that you would need the following:
  • Lights (ebay have some pretty cheap compared to OEM)
  • Bezels
  • Fog light loom (Part # 9217 2577)
  • Relay and fuse
  • Interior switch that pulls out for fogs

I'm converting an Omega to SS so need the bar (with grilles) and splash tray as well.

Hope that helps. i'll know more after I brave the chilly conditions in the shed and fit up my bar assembly today.
Wazza

Last edited:

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon

MSVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary
Mate you are a legend!!!! Your thread was great also, helped a lot. Im going with a aftermarket wiring kit for the foglights now :)

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
I'm surprised i had to trawl for the info really... I thought this would have been a more common mod, from the SS bar conversion to the fogs and DRLs.

I think the guys to thank are those offer helpful advice and solutions, especially those who are adding all the wiring info to my DRL thread. The lights are pretty pointless if they're not connected!!!

VEOmega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Lumina
Hi, I have a Berlina fog light kit that I would like to install on my Ve Lumina. I'm in the Northcote(Melbourne) area and would like to know if they're any good auto elecs near that suburb that can fit it for me. What am I looking at cost wise?

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
Sorry, can't help with a recommendation.

I was quoted $150 but I had installed all the lights first.

First off, take the cover off your engine bay fuse box and see if the relay and fuse are there for the fogs. If so, this is a walk in the park and you won't need an auto elec. All you'll need to do is:
  1. take the front bar off
  2. fit the fogs to the bar
  3. plug the fog loom in (at driver's side edge of front rail)
  4. remount bar
  5. swap out interior switch for one that has provisions for fogs

I thought this was all I had to do but i've got an Omega without any of the wiring. Check for that before you throw cash to the auto elec for something you can do yourself.

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
Hello,
I have an omega an just fitted a sv6 front bumper with fog lights. I could not find any wiring for the fog lights. Any idea where i can find them?
thx

wazza675

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
There are several threads with good info on mounting the fofs and DRLs... just search!!!

The factory fog loom plugs in near the horn, which is on the driver's side of the front reo bar (that sits behind the bumper).

Early Omega's did not have the fog loom. I had to wire it all myself. I wired a set of el cheapo RDLs too, but eventually ripped it all out and replaced it with a kit, similar to the Phillips ones.

Chardy

Reaction score
Sorry to bump (another) old thread...

I've found somewhere that will supply and install fog lights into my International for $550.
Seems a lot, but most of that is labour I suppose.

Has anyone found anywhere cheaper in VIC??