Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve fog light switch modification

MSVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th Anniversary
Hi guys,

As there is no existng plug on my VE 60th Anniversary to attach a foglight loom to, i have purchased an aftermarket wiring kit. I have attached a circut daigram of the aftermarket loom i currently have. On the print, below the aftermarket switch i have a plug. I was wondering if anyone has or if it would be possible to make a circut extension from the existing plug on the aftermarket wiring loom to the fog light switch on an OEM fog light switch. If anyone has a diagram of a VE berlina/sv6/ss lighting circut or could take a pic of the back of the OEM fog light switch it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Attachments

• Ve Foglight Loom.JPG
    Ve Foglight Loom.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,649

Harry2929

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sportwagon 08
Hey mate I have just done this conversion ..... if you are willing to tap into one wire off you BCM (body control module) then you will be able to wire your lights directly to the switch ( Berlin/sv6/ss etc.) With no mod required to the plug..... although there is no loom on your car for fogs (factory loom) the wiring on the switch plug is there and also the wiring for fogs on the BCM is there.... so you just need to cut off the switch that came with your wiring kit and then use that single wire to splice into a wire from the back of the BCM ( dark green wire in pin place 11 on the 4th plug from the left on the BCM) attach those two wires and then bobs your uncle it will work as factory... except there is no dash light to tell you they are on... hope this helps any queries PM me :)

Harry2929

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega sportwagon 08
PS... the neg or ground wire from your relay must be attached to your positive wire on the relay behind the fuse.... I think this because the switches are negatively wired and hence the switch needs a positive current? Not sure but its the only way it will work :)