Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Frequently Asked Questions

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I think one of the mods will have to be pm for this one. I'd do it but stuck on crappy iPhone lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Defiantly sticky worthy indeed. Is anyone going to keep it updates with new threads though ? Unfortunatley it will be useless if not regularly updated

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yea I'll do it soon, I've come into a lot of spare time. So ill dig a bit deeper and cover the topics that are there better, and perhaps add some more like a DIY section.

Stash96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS 2008 6.0L
Hi Mates, just wondering, i have a Holden VE SS 2008 Series 1 6.0L V8, and im wondering what would happen if i were to take out the mid section of my exhaust and replace it with two straight pipes? would it sound to loud? would it improve performance? what are some good areas which would happen after the replacement? cheers.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
quick question, will be changing my SV6 mufflers to SSV mufflers in the next week, before i jack the ass end up, is there anything special i need to know about the swap, are the rubber holder things easy to get off?

im assuming its a two second job, but just wanted to double check

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
quick question, will be changing my SV6 mufflers to SSV mufflers in the next week, before i jack the ass end up, is there anything special i need to know about the swap, are the rubber holder things easy to get off?

im assuming its a two second job, but just wanted to double check

dead easy. two bolts holding muffler to exhaust.
once you have them undone, jiggle muffler towards the front of the car to unhook from the rubber gromets.
they can a little stubborn, but take your time jiggling muffler forward and twisting it a little.
if you have car ramps, its A LOT easier to back car up onto them and give yourself more room to work underneath.
if you dont, try and use a driveway with a bit of slope (where the arse of the car sits at the high point) to give yourself a little elbow room.

i see u have a wagon. you sure the SSV muffler you are replacing to have come from a wagon (Y tip, not twin tips coming out of muffler)?
otherwise you are going to get increased drone at lower revs.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
cheers mate.

hard to tell from the photo on the add, but its listed as coming off a SSV sportwagon, even though the photo sort of looks like its the twin tips, not y-tips, but we'll see!

thanks for the heads up ;)