Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE front and rear spring seat insulators and sound proofing the inner guards

applez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0
Trying to find some lower spring seats for the front and rears struts is cooking my lid hard. Help a brother

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Last 8 digits of your VIN and I'll look up the part numbers for you.
Otherwise you will have to buy second hand struts from wreckers.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Trying to find some lower spring seats for the front and rears struts is cooking my lid hard. Help a brother

The lower spring seats are integral with the front struts/rear dampers.
Or, are you after the rubber isolators for the front struts lower seat?(Not fitted on the rear).
2019-09-08 21.29.30.jpg

applez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0
Or, are you after the rubber isolators for the front struts lower seat?(Not fitted on the rear).
View attachment 206831

Could find the front lower ones anywhere. The very few i did finally track down after countless search were out of stock. Nil aftermarket. I did notice the rears dont have them for some stupid reason. so i made some up. I purchased the superpro uppers for the f + r. But the bloody sent the wrong fronts and arent molded to the plate like the OEM. While i was at it. I removed the poxy inner wheel wells and did some sound proofing. Ve's are putrid for road noise and droning compared to some other late model cars. I painted all the inner arches and did 4 coats on the inside of plastic inner guards. Then had some left over 10mm thick sound deadening material that i used on the doors ages ago. so i cover all the area thats covered by the inner guard. Plus the back of the inner guard closest to the cab. After fitting the one, i realised i had to take it off and remove the few pieces where the inner guard goes hard up against the chassis. Once finished, the driver comfort is quite noticeably improved with why less cabin noice and a bit softer when driving over road reflectors, start of bridge lines on the road etc. I did end up making a thicker lower insulator for the front which will help a little bit too. Forgot to take a photo. Pretty straight forward and heaps better than the paper thin OEM.
I'll post the photos i did take during the process if anyone wants me to

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
View attachment 206831
Hi @lmoengnr Do you know if the front & rear upper coil insulators with the step in them are interchangeable I.e they're the same profile for front and rear?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi @lmoengnr Do you know if the front & rear upper coil insulators with the step in them are interchangeable I.e they're the same profile for front and rear?

I'm not sure? The upper spring platforms are totally different design front to rear, but the spring insulator/isolator would be similar.