Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE front seat trim removal

herkman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Appolo
We have a VE Omega and want to fit on the pax side a lumdar support.

The kit has arrived which really only has the need to part remove the back rest trim.

Does not appear that it can be done without removing the bask rest rear plastic trim.

Any one have any thoughts

Thanks

Col

rodmac

Reaction score
Herkman,
Are you still looking for help for installing your lumbar system?

This can be a bit tricky especially if you're doing this without instructions.

You will need to remove the plastic backcover to get access to the seat frame (you need to be very careful removing the backcover as you could break it pulling it off). You'll then need to remove the non-adjustable seat suspension system which has the same attachments as the lumbar system (a bayonet fit to the frame, 2 clips at the bottom & 2 springs at the top).
With the new lumbar installed, you'll need to cut a hole in the trim around the lumbar actuator collar for the knob & bezel. There will be a circular ring on the seat pad foam you'll also need to cut out so that the lumbar pokes through. The bezel is a bayonet fit attachment to the lumbar actuator collar and the knob is a simple snap fit to the lumbar collar.

I can give you more detailed instructions and photos which I can email. Drop me a private message with your details and I'll send you the info.

herkman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Appolo
I have sent you a PM, really appreciate your kind offer of help

Thanks

Col

Ragenr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Be Maloo
Herkman,
Are you still looking for help for installing your lumbar system?

This can be a bit tricky especially if you're doing this without instructions.

You will need to remove the plastic backcover to get access to the seat frame (you need to be very careful removing the backcover as you could break it pulling it off). You'll then need to remove the non-adjustable seat suspension system which has the same attachments as the lumbar system (a bayonet fit to the frame, 2 clips at the bottom & 2 springs at the top).
With the new lumbar installed, you'll need to cut a hole in the trim around the lumbar actuator collar for the knob & bezel. There will be a circular ring on the seat pad foam you'll also need to cut out so that the lumbar pokes through. The bezel is a bayonet fit attachment to the lumbar actuator collar and the knob is a simple snap fit to the lumbar collar.

I can give you more detailed instructions and photos which I can email. Drop me a private message with your details and I'll send you the info.
Hi mate is there any chance you can send me information on removing the lumbar support knob. Can’t get it off
Removed the seat recline one no problem but this in is proving to be a hassle

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi mate is there any chance you can send me information on removing the lumbar support knob. Can’t get it off
Removed the seat recline one no problem but this in is proving to be a hassle

@rodmac hasn't been here since Dec 2006

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks mate, you wouldn’t know how to remove the lumbar support knob by any chance would you, or know of anyone that might

Sorry, no.

But now this thread has been bumped, someone else may chime in.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@rodmac hasn't been here since Dec 2006
1631226086343.gif