Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Grill

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
G'day mate,
I actually have VZ but my mate is looking at getting a VE and he want something similar to what you want. He was hoping to change the whole body kit to something like this:

vessv2.jpg

Imo this looks absolutely awsome with out the badge, but it would require a lot of money being spent on the bodykit itself.
Btw - does anyone know what this bodykit is called and where my friend could look at getting one?

Cheers, Jared

Mate that looks friggin awesome :)

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
you would need to buy a hsv front bar. and they arent cheap!!

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
I'm not the least bit ashamed of the huge Holden Badge, heck its an Ozi car made in Oz driven in Oz and in my case owned by an Ozi why would one want to put a yank badge on a good old Ozi car beats me.:bang:

Last edited:

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Simon: What type of paint did you use to paint them black? Any problems with the paint flaking off the chrome?

Reaper

I scuffed them with fine wet and dry to get off the shine, then sprayed them with plastic primer, followed by several thin coats of acrylic.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I'm not the least bit ashamed of the huge Holden Badge, heck its and Ozi car made in Oz driven in Oz and in my case owned by an Ozi why would one want to put a yank badge on a good old Ozi car beats me.:bang:

agreed:thumbsup:

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
agreed:thumbsup:

I'm not ashamed of an Aussie badge either... just beats the hell out of me why you would want it the size of a dinner plate, and all blingy and chrome like an EK holden ... especially when there's no other chrome on the entire car.

They put so much effort into industrial design of the VE and then blow it with something as trivial as the badge.

I agree about not rebadging ... however I have to say, I think you find most people do it because they prefer the look of the chev bow tie ... not because they are want-to-be chevrolet drivers.

I would de-badge the grill if I could ... photoshopped the bootlid without the badge but it looked too stark.

Holden used to offer gross gold badging options ... perhaps they should get with the times and offer what porsche does ... black chrome.

Hey ... there's a thought ... all those in favour of a smaller black chrome badge option reply.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I think you find most people do it because they prefer the look of the chev bow tie ... not because they are want-to-be chevrolet drivers..

You've nailed it perfectly there Simon. The Chev bowtie (and in fact the whole Chev grille) just looks much better than that massive lion IMO. I've painted my bowtie in the same silver/grey as the SS badges and it looks more subtle and far better than the silly gold they come in. All the haters can carry on as much as they like but I have a nicer looking grille than the factory Holden one and it's not there because I think my car is a Chev or I'm ashamed of it being a Holden.

... photoshopped the bootlid without the badge but it looked too stark.

I've gone badgeless on the boot lid and I reckon it looks awesome. Again, because the lion on the boot was so damn large and obnoxious.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
G'day mate,
I actually have VZ but my mate is looking at getting a VE and he want something similar to what you want. He was hoping to change the whole body kit to something like this:

vessv2.jpg

Imo this looks absolutely awsome with out the badge, but it would require a lot of money being spent on the bodykit itself.
Btw - does anyone know what this bodykit is called and where my friend could look at getting one?

Cheers, Jared

F*cking awesome

Last edited:

KingCliff

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS LS2 6.0 - my baby
Does anyone know where to buy a Grille without the lion badge or any badge at all just honeycombe .

Want to go totally badgelss. Also the lion stops air going into my otr cai and its too big.

Did you find a blank top grill? I got a 2012 VE SS and want the same. Badgeless but need a blank grill. Thx