Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve grille modification

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ll need an E2 front bumper or retro fit the E1 bumper, lights and find a chrome strip and mounting hardware for the bonnet.

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
Just wondering if anyone has modified the grille on their Ve Commodore?

I don't really like the large Holden Lion logo in the centre.

Has anyone removed it, or painted it black, or even replaced the grille with a custom one?

Would be interested to see any pics if available.

Many thanks.
You can paint it black, you can get a custom one some people make them, you can remove the whole grille, just please don’t put a Chevy badge on it

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
If you can find a good one it will be around $275. Issue is a SH one is around $1000 to get painted. So you're no better off. I bought new because it was cheaper overall.
Wow, didn't realise that... You could try to find one that's the same colour as your car but it maybe difficult, especially if it's some weird colour that wasn't very popular...

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
When I booked my car in to get my front and rear bars painted due to the paint peeling off the front one and minor damage fixed on the rear. They said it was cheaper to buy a new bar than sand and repair the old one. Cost me all up $900.
A guy in the next street took the lion off the front of his grille and replaced it with a Mercedes 3 point star.