Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve gts copy rims?

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Why not buy ROH Mantis? Very very similar, and atleast you know you won't be buying a cheap/knock off brand.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I heard the chinese copys are heaps dodgy. Especially the sig senator wheels. They crack right round the hub and some arent even perfect circles, so i have been told. Its so tempting, but id prob steer clear.

Ditto the above post, ive read that aswell about the Signature copies...

Not just the sigs, but any 19" fake version of a genuine HSV wheel. The fact that they are 19", obviously means they aren't exactly a small faced wheel, so the basic design and rim face size means they are weaker anyways, genuine OR fake. That's just physics.

The fake ones are worse, as Nixon said, they are cheaply made, therefore will not take bumps and hard knocks / force with such tolerance. There was a thread someone made on the SC forum around a year and a half ago showing what happened to his 19" fake Sigs, the face snapped clean away from the hub from hitting a gutter. Apparently they broke very easily.

The same will go for any 19" chinese piece of **** copy. It can happen to the genuines as well. The genuines are just made a little sturdier.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Yeh watch out, some copies are really dodgey,

my cousin bought a vy with them already on, the paint on them chipped really easily, wasn't nice at all

you get what you pay for, i would save up and go for quality, just for a little bit of insurance.

heck i wouldn't even buy gts rims, everybody has them now, go something original, but aye its your car, your choice

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yes, but, did you notice how clean the face snapped away from the hub? That is a sign of shitty welding of cheap wheels. That was the weakest part of the wheel due to the crap welding.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
i think i may have read that same thread about they guy having the sig cpoies, and how the whole face of the wheel just broke away....i always thought that yeah just cause there cheap knockoff's, there still desinged to some sort of regulation or something, but ive read way too many bad stories about knock offs, and now i'd never buy a set in my life.
15x7 pursuits with 235's ...OH YEAH:thumbsup: