Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve gts copy rims?

nicko9990

--nicko--
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I just bought a VY Berlina and want to eventually change my rims later on this year! i want the VE GTS rims! (ones pictured below) but i dont really want to pay 4,500 grand for them! i heard you can get copys for only about half that so was wanting to know if anyone has them or has had them and if they had any troubles with them??? and also where abouts in melbourne you could get a set from??? thanks

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ive seen copies going on Ebay, set of 4 i think was about $600-700..Which i thought was damn cheap and was almost about to buy a set, until a read a few threads on cheap knockoff wheels....

nicko9990

--nicko--
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
yehhh, alrite thanks guys. im gunna have to do a bit more research on them. yehh they are bloody expensive!!

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
I heard the chinese copys are heaps dodgy. Especially the sig senator wheels. They crack right round the hub and some arent even perfect circles, so i have been told. Its so tempting, but id prob steer clear.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Also, price up the cost of tyres for them.

$800ish per rim for tyres;)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I heard the chinese copys are heaps dodgy. Especially the sig senator wheels. They crack right round the hub and some arent even perfect circles, so i have been told. Its so tempting, but id prob steer clear.

Another thing that can happen is that the face of the rim can seperate from the actual rim itself, due to the dodgy welding used to hold it together...I personally wouldn't go anywhere near them.