Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS exhaust upgrade.

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
hey hows it going everyone. I hoping I'm posting this in the right section. I have been scanning around forums for quite a while now but have never thought to post something but here it goings.
I have been looking into upgrading the exhaust on my 08 ve auto gts. but after reading countless forums and talking to different dealers they all seem to be recommending completely different systems. the full plans for the car is just a decent exhaust, otr with a maffless tune and maybe tweak the auto a little so its a little more responsive. so far that is all i want to do but I'm sure ill want more once that is done haha.
I originally started looking into a full 3 inch system from the extractors, mild steel with 4 into 1 extractors. but since then I have been told I should go all different types of set ups and I've become quite confused. I was hoping anyone could help me on what would be the best set up. I want it reasonable loud, don't mind a little bit of drone but i would prefer none. wondering what sort of works best and does anyone have any recommendations?

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
about 3 and a half is probably the most i will spend on a exhaust but i would prefer to get something a bit cheaper if its still decent quality. also i would be looking for just bolt up I can pull a car apart and put it together no problems but give me a welder and I'm lost.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
You should be able to get something decent for that price. I'd go a 3 inch stainless system with mild steel 4 into 1s.
KPM make good systems or you could get something custom made at a performance exhaust shop like I did.
Steer clear of x-force, they make **** exhaust systems that drone.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Seeing as you are in Perth, chase up "not an abba fan" on this forum. He is the Perth exhaust guru.
I have an Exforce 2 1/2" cat back on my VE GTS, and am quite happy with that. It may not be loud enough for you though.
For $3,500, you should be able to get all of what you want done( tune, exhaust) if you are only going cat back.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
In Perth. Maybe speak to Brett at formula tech. I drive past their shops everyday and they change more exhausts than I do underpants. They will definitely have something to suit your needs

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
i might look in the kpm exhausts. i was looking at getting a full hurricane system but the guy said that i would get quite a bit of drone in the cabin. that was for the full 3 inch anyway.

mikey where abouts did you find the difillipo for that price. pretty much the cheapest i have see was about $5000

yeah it doesnt need to be over the top loud i would prefer not to be pulled over every time i pass a cop car. i think im pretty set on getting a full 3 inch in case later on down the track i decide to go for a cam.
has anyone got a full 3 inch hurricane system and if so what does it sound like and what is the drone like is it as bad as the dealer said it might be?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have a special going until the end of April, 4-1, 1 7/8" primary extractors, high flow metallic cats and a twin 2 1/2" Manta cat back for $2260. If you are set on 3" I can do the same package with the 3" system for $2550.

I can have it delivered to you or you can pick it up from the warehouse in Bentley.

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
Not_An_Abba_Fan what would you believe is a better choice for the car the 2.5 inch or the 3 inch? will still be fine with a 2.5 if i was to just get a mild cam later down the track?