Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS springs fit SV6?

Z-Tuned

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Series II Z-Edition
Tried searching but only found that the VE GTS's run MRC suspension.

My question is, I've found aftermarket lowered springs to suit a GTS but was wondering if it would also fit a Series 2 VE SV6? I'm not bothered about the shocks/struts as I already have KYB's struts. Any help would be appreciated.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
not sure if they fit the v6 but the gts with the v8 weights more so in the v6 the front might sit higher, also they are to suit mrc, but having the gts myself they sit way too high factory so id go different springs

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
not sure if they fit the v6 but the gts with the v8 weights more so in the v6 the front might sit higher, also they are to suit mrc, but having the gts myself they sit way too high factory so id go different springs

providing the GTS has specially designed springs to clear the MRC shocks Id say they wont fit so dont bother with them and just suggest buying the correct springs for your vehicle (the SV6)

Z-Tuned

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Series II Z-Edition
The springs I was looking at getting (Tein S.Spec's) sat about a finger's width from the top of the tyre to the guard which wasn't too bad on the GTS but would have been abit higher on an SV6 given the weight difference which I preferred. Have contacted H&R and will go that route instead. Thanks guys