Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

aden2792

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
Hey,
I was adjusting the headlights on my 2006 ve omega V , and whilst adjusting there was a click and then the headlight sunk in the casing and now points about 2 meters in front of the car
Any ideas how to fix this????

BEELZEBUB

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt equipe
Hey,
I was adjusting the headlights on my 2006 ve omega V , and whilst adjusting there was a click and then the headlight sunk in the casing and now points about 2 meters in front of the car
Any ideas how to fix this????
I am adjusting headlights ona 2008 VE the adjusters do not seem to work Can anyone advise?/ can you fit new adjusters without disassembling the whole front end ?

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
So a familiar story. New car (to me) VE series 2. Drivers headlight points at the ground and up/down adjuster does nothing. through the openings I can move the reflector, but it seems really floppy on the inboard (high beam) end which is some distance from where the adjuster is (centre area). The lenses and reflectors are otherwise in good shape and don't really want to replace, or even open them up if not essential. Has anyone solved this? Has anyone got a picture of the inside of a light housing to see what's wrong or how it goes together? Thanks.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
When i bought my ve the drive
So a familiar story. New car (to me) VE series 2. Drivers headlight points at the ground and up/down adjuster does nothing. through the openings I can move the reflector, but it seems really floppy on the inboard (high beam) end which is some distance from where the adjuster is (centre area). The lenses and reflectors are otherwise in good shape and don't really want to replace, or even open them up if not essential. Has anyone solved this? Has anyone got a picture of the inside of a light housing to see what's wrong or how it goes together? Thanks.
MMaybe not the same problem but my drivers side would only illuminate about a couple of metres of road. Turned out that the globe was somehow fitted upside down and the 3 tabs were not located in the grooves .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If the above doesn’t work and adjustment fails, there is no quick fix. Get a new set of headlamps, remove the front bar (easy to do) and replace the headlights.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
When i bought my ve the drive

MMaybe not the same problem but my drivers side would only illuminate about a couple of metres of road. Turned out that the globe was somehow fitted upside down and the 3 tabs were not located in the grooves .
This happens A LOT! Must be something to do with H7 globes. They appear to fit correctly when they are upside down and people don't notice until they try driving at night and can't figure out what's going on. So to the OP, have a close look at the globe through the front lense. Is it sitting straight or pointing up at the sky / down to the ground indicating the globe is not installed correctly?