Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE (hopeful) mod list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
That has got to be some of the worst advice I have ever heard! Same thing applies to a V8 as well, not just that but any car that has been done up previously.

Well it might just be me. But I hear about a lot more issues with v6's than v8's when they are stock.
I still only bought a stock v8 too because of the exact reason, so I can do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
We'll I've had my VT V6 (series 1 mind you), for close to 5 years now. The only things that have gone wrong with this car have been a radiator started to leak a water pump eventually started to leak and the heater core rusted out. So in the end nothing has gone wrong with the little V6, I bought it with 190,000k's on it, put another 100,000k's on it since I've owned it and in the last 20,000k's I've had the supercharger fitted to it.

Pretty reliable if you ask me.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
We'll I've had my VT V6 (series 1 mind you), for close to 5 years now. The only things that have gone wrong with this car have been a radiator started to leak a water pump eventually started to leak and the heater core rusted out. So in the end nothing has gone wrong with the little V6, I bought it with 190,000k's on it, put another 100,000k's on it since I've owned it and in the last 20,000k's I've had the supercharger fitted to it.

Pretty reliable if you ask me.

VT's were more reliable than the VE's too..

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Haha the good 'ol V8 vs V6 thread.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
I doubt it, series 1 VT's would have been as reliable as a series 1 VE.
Reason being, both were whole new platforms, which didn't have all the bugs ironed out straight away.

Fair point.
I honestly don't know a lot about the VT, but just from the VE I noticed more issues with the 6's. Eg timing chain.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Honestly it's a car he can spend all the money he wants, it won't affect your lives so why be nasty? If you think he's silly doing up a six then keep it a thought yes it is a bit lagging seeing the I'm doing up my six thread but there are 500 rwhp sixes out the in the alloytech world. I have a mate that's done some work to his series II and Ive been in the car with him and left a xr6t in his dust, and he hasn't even touched the FI topic yet so let's just see where this takes us.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
This thread...srsly...not again.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Honestly it's a car he can spend all the money he wants, it won't affect your lives so why be nasty? If you think he's silly doing up a six then keep it a thought yes it is a bit lagging seeing the I'm doing up my six thread but there are 500 rwhp sixes out the in the alloytech world. I have a mate that's done some work to his series II and Ive been in the car with him and left a xr6t in his dust, and he hasn't even touched the FI topic yet so let's just see where this takes us.

The guy in the Ford wasn't racing...Sorry to say.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

If youre going to make up stories, include a Lamborghini or something exciting.

It comes down to this, you want to mod a 6? Fine, be prepared to open up your wallet for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.