Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE (hopeful) mod list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
jez, we really do get our panties in a twist here sometimes! I can't seem where anyone has been nasty, I can see plenty of opinions on V6 vs V8, but surprise, surprise, someone on an internet forum has an opinion and is willing to share it!

I am in the wait and mod a V8 camp, but I own a V8 so obviously that will be my opinion!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Honestly it's a car he can spend all the money he wants, it won't affect your lives so why be nasty? If you think he's silly doing up a six then keep it a thought yes it is a bit lagging seeing the I'm doing up my six thread but there are 500 rwhp sixes out the in the alloytech world. I have a mate that's done some work to his series II and Ive been in the car with him and left a xr6t in his dust, and he hasn't even touched the FI topic yet so let's just see where this takes us.

No. Just no.

I'm in the process of attempting 300rwhp from my N/A 6, so i do understand where you are coming from. But DON'T start talking out of your ass. This forums isn't full of your silly mates who will listen and go "OMG bruz you're fkn amazballs". 99% of people will know you're being a tard, and most of them will call you on it.

You'll always get some flack from building an N/A 6, (i do almost every day :)) but people are more supportive when you're not saying how you're better/faster/louder/bigger then other's.

Pull your head out, be realistic, and ask intelegent questions to get intelegent answers.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Honestly it's a car he can spend all the money he wants, it won't affect your lives so why be nasty? If you think he's silly doing up a six then keep it a thought yes it is a bit lagging seeing the I'm doing up my six thread but there are 500 rwhp sixes out the in the alloytech world. I have a mate that's done some work to his series II and Ive been in the car with him and left a xr6t in his dust, and he hasn't even touched the FI topic yet so let's just see where this takes us.

bullshit.

just

utter

bullshit

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
That all fine and dandy you can choose to listen or not I just threw in my experience, haha no damage done I spose you guys have dyno sheets and 1/4 mile figures from every ve sv6 out there and therefor know that what I have stated is impossible. But seeing as it was a fully sick Thursday night in a fully sick lappy train I guess he wasn't having a decent go his exhuast must be rusted then, it sure sounded like he was trying, for every stretch of the road, at every set of lights. So please state EXACTLY why a worked v6 can't pass an xr6t I don't even know if he had just slapped the badges on or his cars just an old worn out piece of ****. So tell me how?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
That all fine and dandy you can choose to listen or not I just threw in my experience, haha no damage done I spose you guys have dyno sheets and 1/4 mile figures from every ve sv6 out there and therefor know that what I have stated is impossible. But seeing as it was a fully sick Thursday night in a fully sick lappy train I guess he wasn't having a decent go his exhuast must be rusted then, it sure sounded like he was trying, for every stretch of the road, at every set of lights. So please state EXACTLY why a worked v6 can't pass an xr6t I don't even know if he had just slapped the badges on or his cars just an old worn out piece of ****. So tell me how?

a8ddad2fade4960c70de5c326f5f9709d1667debb8dc225b2f14f375ef35867e.jpg

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
QUESTIONS.

1.How does everyone know a worked Holden commodore ve sv6 series II cannot beat a xr6maybe turbo?
2.how do you know that the xr6maybe turbo WASN'T trying to race? Were you guys watching...?

STATEMENTS.
1. I wasn't clear enough but the xr6maybe turbo had the turbo badges therefor I assume it is indeed a turbo whether it is or not I cannot decide as yes beating a turbo six in another six with bolt ons is indeed something out of the ordinary, yet here we are.
2. I didn't literally mean we left him in our dust his bonnet was about in line with our rear door.
3. When he was spinning the wheels taking off I also assumed he was having a go sorry if that's normal behaviour.

Clear enough...?

akidakix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
QUESTIONS.

1.How does everyone know a worked Holden commodore ve sv6 series II cannot beat a xr6maybe turbo?
2.how do you know that the xr6maybe turbo WASN'T trying to race? Were you guys watching...?

STATEMENTS.
1. I wasn't clear enough but the xr6maybe turbo had the turbo badges therefor I assume it is indeed a turbo whether it is or not I cannot decide as yes beating a turbo six in another six with bolt ons is indeed something out of the ordinary, yet here we are.
2. I didn't literally mean we left him in our dust his bonnet was about in line with our rear door.
3. When he was spinning the wheels taking off I also assumed he was having a go sorry if that's normal behaviour.

Clear enough...?

List the mods he's done then so we can get a better picture of what the cars running.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
What model Ford was it? BA, BF or FG???

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What model Ford was it? BA, BF or FG???

Probably an XF with bald tyres,hence the spinning and XR6T badges.

The cost involved in getting any sort of power out of a Commodore 6, be it Buick, Ecotec, Alloytec are ridiculous compared to modifying either a V8 or even an I6 with a turbo.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.