Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV GTS Aircon drain

jellybaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS
I have wet passenger side carpets. I have located the leak at what looks like a gromet under the aircon where it transitions into the transmission tunnel. I am hoping the leak is being caused by a blocked aircon drain. Can someone please tell me where the drain is positioned. Is it the tube that come down the side of the transmission and connects to a shaped metal tube which is attached approx midway under the car with a screw? Any help will be appreciated.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The leak is because that grommet isnt seated properly and doesnt form a seal.

1. Remove console side cover taking care not to damage any clips.
2. Place a paint pen mark on the grommet at the 6 o’clock position.
3. Liberally apply silicone spray to the grommet and drain tube.
4. The grommet may rotate by hand however if not, carefully grasp the edge of the grommet with long nose
pliers and rotate the grommet in the housing. As the grommet rotates, the sealing lip will re-align over the
tube and it will take on the appearance of the grommet as shown in the ‘correct’ picture in figure 3. Two or
more complete revolutions may be required.
Warning: Take care not to damage the grommet. If it is difficult to move, apply more silicone and ensure it has
found its way between the grommet and the housing.
5. Continue to rotate the grommet until the paint mark is at the 12 O’clock position. This will ensure that the
grommet has been rotated 180 degrees from its initial position.
6. Re-fit centre console side cover.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
This forum is very fortunate to have a Holden Tech such as yourself helping people out as much as you do.

I do hope people appreciate all your efforts - as I do.

jellybaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS
Thanks so much for your response, it was really appreciated. Will get some silcon spray today and attempt tonight.
Again many thanks.