Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV indicator flashing fast

chev-power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen 3
I have done a search but nothing much comes up of recent times. Just purchased a 2006 clubsport and the right side indicators flash faster after 3 flashes. All the leds in the tail light appear to be working and with the hazards on both sides flash the same normally. I see there are fixes like wiring harness mod or module replacement. Anyone tried these and where is the module?
In NZ so any help appreciated

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There would be a resistor on one of them that is buggered.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
If all LEDS are good, then its likely the module. I would try the wiring harness fix first, Its the cheap option.
Im not sure if anyone in NZ sell them though, last time I went to Holden about it, they had nothing, and that was years ago. You would have to buy them from EBay.

If you are happy to splice into the module then I would do a D.I.Y Fix using a LED resistor. Its the cheapest option.

Then lastly the expensive route, buy a new module.

Abaddon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV Senator 6.0L
I have done a search but nothing much comes up of recent times. Just purchased a 2006 clubsport and the right side indicators flash faster after 3 flashes. All the leds in the tail light appear to be working and with the hazards on both sides flash the same normally. I see there are fixes like wiring harness mod or module replacement. Anyone tried these and where is the module?
In NZ so any help appreciated

I have the exact same problem with my VE HSV Senator and would love to know if you fixed this and how

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Assuming the OEM lights are LED ?, as above possible a Load Resistor is faulty,

If they were after market LED Globe replacements,
Would be best to re-install the standard globes, and see if they flash correctly.