Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV Video

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
Here is the SSV and the white one which look different.
Note I also have posted what is probably the Calais-V and it is also not the same as the white car.

103620_HSV-SSV.JPG

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
Alright i think we have now established that it not the HSV and the people at drive were wrong, what a surprise......Anyways can we now enjoy the Video for what it is, a moveing picture of a VE. For those of us who havent seen em driving around the street i thought it was a good find and only labled the thread with the letters HSV cause thats what i orignally belived it to be.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Anyone notice that the brake calipers are at the back of the front wheel ...not the front like most commodores

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
a saw a ve for a 2 second glimpse the other day, 1 thing i did make out was the big red hsv calipers, however had no spoiler, im guessing this it to make way for the car bra?

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
Maybe not because there has been photos taken of VE's like the SS and they have rear spoilers on them....Maybe 1 model in the HSV lineup doesnt use a rear spoiler, or they were just testing the brakes on a different model, or they havent fitted the rear spoiler so that it isnt given away as being a HSV? Who knows only 1 week to go now anyway.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
markovr said:
Anyone notice that the brake calipers are at the back of the front wheel ...not the front like most commodores

Should read:

Anyone notice that the brake calipers are trailing...not leading like most commodores

But yes, that is true - new suspension all round (front and rear) is the reason. Although I am still disappointed they didn't go with the new state of the art technology in the front suspension like they were going to on the new Zeta platform. Cost was the main reason I believe. However we will still have a much better setup that is currently used. The VZ is still running on 1970's technology LOL!!! :D

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
Should read:

Anyone notice that the brake calipers are trailing...not leading like most commodores

But yes, that is true - new suspension all round (front and rear) is the reason. Although I am still disappointed they didn't go with the new state of the art technology in the front suspension like they were going to on the new Zeta platform. Cost was the main reason I believe. However we will still have a much better setup that is currently used. The VZ is still running on 1970's technology LOL!!! :D
Sorry not to use the right technical terms Scotty but I'm just a grease monkey and drink vb and live in qld..we have just got electricity up here ...lol
But Im sure everyone knew what I meant...at least I didnt call it a thingy (real technical term).