Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV Video

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
bah they are idiots. They are talking about two different cars there...the second being no different....it doesnt even have the different guard flute or the mysterious tape on the sideskirt.

They probably just read what Badmac wrote about it bein a HSV lol... I still say they its NOT and every reason that points to it being a HSV can be disproven.

Different chin spoiler? How can they tell its different? Its far to conservative in shape from what appears hidden by the car bra to be HSV...it looks the same as any other VE with a car-bra.

And as for the small strip on the sideskirt, that is interesting. Its obviously not Clubsport or Senator etc. as there is no HSV sideskirts or bodykit...why put a Clubsport logo on a car they didnt bother to put the kit or wing on? The clubsport logo goes on the Clubsport sideskirts, but they appear to be normal SS/SV6 sideskirts so why put the Clubsport logo on them? Its so not a Clubsport logo....But what is it? In my opinion it the SS-V badge if anything!

But think about it...None of the cars have had badges on, from Omega to Calais to SS.....So WHY put a Clubsport badge on a HSV then tape it up in the most obvious place!

As for the tape behind the front wheel...Its probably just a differently styled vent for the SS-V... Or perhaps the masking was placed in those spots purposely for the media... considering Holden knew they were there anyway in the last video!

The friggin car that the test driver is hiding the dash in is just an SS...its got the SS rear wing and the standard flutes that we have seen on all Holdens!

Last edited:

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
there is acually 2 different videos. This is the other one: http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=2007...=55&t=1QT8LM&player=wm7&rate=120&flash=1&ie=1 in the first video the white car that you only catch a couple of seconds worth of looks to be the HSV model, the car thats driving on the road that they are driving along next to looks like its an SS. I would belive that the white car is a HSV as the sideskirts look completely different and it looks like it has a different stance, it also doesnt have a rear wing, so it could be a senitor.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
hotrod32 said:
there is acually 2 different videos. This is the other one: http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=2007...=55&t=1QT8LM&player=wm7&rate=120&flash=1&ie=1 in the first video the white car that you only catch a couple of seconds worth of looks to be the HSV model, the car thats driving on the road that they are driving along next to looks like its an SS. I would belive that the white car is a HSV as the sideskirts look completely different and it looks like it has a different stance, it also doesnt have a rear wing, so it could be a senitor.

The sideskirts are the same.

As previously explained the car has a different stance because it is under brakes...therefore downward momentum on the front of the car...

The senators still have a bootlip, which this car does not!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks to Badmac for the pic im borrowing off the other thread:

091112_73beb6a9c0.jpg

Those sideskirts look pretty normal to me... Definitely not HSV style!

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
I really dont see why your getting so worked up about this, these people did acually see the car in the flesh, not just on the tiny video....So going by what they have seen they are assuming that it is the HSV model i totally agree with you when you say that it could just be the SS-V or something similar or it could be nothing and its all a scam for the media, who knows. Regardless it is still the best VE video to come out as yet and the reveal date is only a little more then a week away. The cars should have full badging on them as they are ment to be complete production models that are going through final testing to work out any of the last little creaks that could still be there.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
hotrod32 said:
I really dont see why your getting so worked up about this, these people did acually see the car in the flesh, not just on the tiny video....So going by what they have seen they are assuming that it is the HSV model i totally agree with you when you say that it could just be the SS-V or something similar or it could be nothing and its all a scam for the media, who knows. Regardless it is still the best VE video to come out as yet and the reveal date is only a little more then a week away. The cars should have full badging on them as they are ment to be complete production models that are going through final testing to work out any of the last little creaks that could still be there.

lol im not worked up man. I just like to make my point. :embarrass

Its a great video and dont think im havin a go at you, now would be the time to say thanks for posting the video hehe cheers :thumbsup:

Back to my point tho. When they SAW it in the flesh...they thought it was a standard VE...as they did when they originally posted the footage.

It wasnt until they 'reviewed' the footage that they changed their mind because they decided they could make a story out of it.

So in the flesh it obviously looked no different to the other VE's, atleast they didnt notice the difference... but then again this is Drive we're talking about... hmmm...

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
I think if anything it would be the Calais-V.
1:It has no rear wing which would make sence since its supposed to be a luxury model and pretty much most sports models have a wing.
2:The tape along the side covering badging looks like it is longer than something like SS-V howerver Calais-V would fit under there quite nicley.
3:The front grill appears to be chrome (i may be wrong ).
So there are a few ideas of why it might be Calais-V but i could be totally wrong.
Were all only guessing at this point anyways.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i think if anything peopel just just give the hell up trying to work out what is what, it is only over a week before release, surely speculation can hold off for just 1 week? Sick of hearing what may or may not be and people guessing what is what.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
HILARIOUS!!!

They have no news so they re hash the old video!!!!!!!!