Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC actuator replacement.

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Just wondering if anyone can clear something up for me. Had the no air from feet vent problem. Everything else's worked as it should. Tried the relearn, now demister only. Tried disconnecting battery. No different. Happy to change the feet vent actuators, but surely the relearn doesn't damage other actuators? What has been replaced when people have had this problem?
Thanks in advance

The actuator that changes between feet and demist is the same one. Its Drivers side top actuator. Bit of a bitch to get to.

Jas82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Righto. Just curious because I could previously go between demist and face without a problem. Don't know why the relearn the makes it stuck on demist only. Didn't know if it now was some sort of 'programming' issue.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
demist is default setting, more important to clear screen than warm feet etc, try a relearn again, some times they come good

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
The HVAC Reset or Relearn procedure is, Close all doors and windows (so you can hear the actuators move), key in ignition, radio off, press and hold the rear demist button while turning the ignition on, but not start the vehicle. With 5-10 seconds you should hear the actuators move to their limits and back again. You're done.... Thanks again to Cruelass for the images.

Thanks for that my AC basically just went to full blast and could not be switched off or lowered.
Did your reset/relearn and works fine again.

Jas82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Figured that. It must sense the faulty actuator during the relearn then just go into default. Will try and replace the actuator causing the original problem and then try another relearn

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good luck.
Keep the updates coming mate

veberlina2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina 2007
Hi i just did the whole demist thing holding it for 10sec and what was working before except the foot one ...well now its stuck on the front glass no face air or anything. Can u help me out. I only did it cause when id put it on feet there was no air but everything else was working until today cause i pressed the demist button to fix the the foot problem. ....

Shaneo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Sedan
Well after having my AC stuck on the window, passenger side blowing hot air and driver side blowing cold air, I finally got around to changing these little bastards on Saturday. Only had to replace two which I'm happy about, still took a couple of hours and several beers. It's really not that hard...but the damn drivers side was the worst, it's just a difficult spot. Once the glove box was out, the passenger side was easy.

Before putting all the trim back, I did a re-learn and it all worked perfectly.

Gotta say, thanks to the forums for giving the insight and guidance. Now have a proper working dual zone AC system ready for summer and saved $600 in the process (Holden quote). For anyone with the same issue, give it a go.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual