Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC fault drivers side

Surge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Gday, can some please help me with a VE S2 SV6 HVAC FAULT.
My climate control blows only cold or ameient air from the drivers side in DZ & SZ modes. Passenger side works as as it should in DZ or SZ. I’ve done the reset with the ignition and rear Demisters pressed. I’ve pulled apart the lower trim to view the 4 actuators. They all move. Check the resec works by taking out the pollen filter. Disconnected and reconnted the HCM plugs and even tried to disconnect the battery and reconnect yet the drivers side will not give any temp change but aircon cold or ambient with AC OFF. I can’t find info on how the drivers air con is modulated to achieve desired temp . Any help would be appreciated!!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The actuators can appear to move, but if they are flogged out, the internals won’t move the unseen side of it properly when they’d the designed load on them.

Surge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
The actuators can appear to move, but if they are flogged out, the internals won’t move the unseen side of it properly when they’d the designed load on them.
Thanks for the info but in my case I can see the actuators move the intended lever.
the reserc one moves the flap behind the pollen filter, the 2 on the left side of the center console move the levers and the drivers side one I can see it move the large flap through the hole where I have removed ducting. I can’t work out what modulates drivers side air. When I disconnect the actuator on the left side ( the one with all the plastic levers) not the long armed one that goes to bottom, I can manually move the levers and I can feel the air temp rise and fall as I move the lever. This only happens on the passenger side. What modulates air temp on drivers side? Being a dual zone L/R I would imagine that there would be something else to control the air on the drivers side. I can’t find info on how the system works, no schematic on the ducting or how it splits . Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Step 1. There’s two flaps internal on the HVAC. One for air each side.

Step2. There’s a service manual you download. It’s a huge pdf. Search the forum, you’ll find a link. Look for the googledrive link.

Step 3. Enable the sidebar on the pdf to navigate it.

Step4. Your answers will flow.