Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC Whats the Difference between different Modules

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Daughter typing, shes faster than me.

I have decided to open a different topic about the HVACs used on the VE's. Now I bought a replacement HVAC module for my cheap VE and the one I got is for an omega, anniversary or any other single zone HVAC system.

Unfortunately I did not record the part numbers off the original HVAC on the car now. The one that forgets to turn on the front face vents every now and then. Yes I shouldve taken part numbers when I had the glove box out but when the ebay replacement arrived I removed the existing HVAC unit out today and found that both were completely different in their numbers. I dont know which one is the part number.

Now I still tried it and it worked perfect for the first 20 minutes. Everything was accounted for. All vents worked perfectly. Everything was 100% but one time it forgot to start the air con on my face or ignition on it was on my face but as soon as you start the car it disappeared. Now it only did this once and after this it was okay. I cannot test it all the time like this, stop and start, stop and start. The car and the air con just for testing purposes only otherwise I might end up damaging something else.

I will give you the figures of both HVAC control modules and possibly someone might know why they are different considering it should come from the same car.

Original factory HVAC control module
VE HCM
A2C53246143
AIPL H071085016
OP: 4003
SW: 15
HW: 7
CL OR CI: 03

Ebay HVAC control module
VE HCM
A2C53246143
AIPL: H071036061
OP: 2940
SW: 15
HW: 9
Cl OR CI: 05

Can anyone that knows these HVACs, what do all the specs mean? They must mean something e.g. SW = 15, HW = 9, CI OR CL = 05 for the ebay one of course its different on the genuine unit. So the million dollar question is, what does these specs mean?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The one thing that I have noticed with the ebay HVAC is when I select the mode for just the windscreen ONLY I feel some Air (very Little) coming from the Face Vents. Now I think that the Original HVAC did not do this. No doubt those parameters/codes on the HVAC has something to do with this

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I noticed ours (dual zone) did that for a bit after I rebuilt it all.

It doesn’t now though.

It bugged me because, of course, I had just disassembled it and a feeling of dread came over me thinking I might have put something back in wrong and could see myself redoing the huge job I thought I had just completed.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I noticed ours (dual zone) did that for a bit after I rebuilt it all.

It doesn’t now though.

It bugged me because, of course, I had just disassembled it and a feeling of dread came over me thinking I might have put something back in wrong and could see myself redoing the huge job I thought I had just completed.
They not to much work to removing the HVAC. The big plug is harder as it to close to a item and you need two hands to disconnect or a special tool that pushed a clip out then you need to pull it out. I trying to find out what does OP, SW, HW, and CL or CI mean. Also looked at ebay no one has the one like the original one from the Ve (the specs Above)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The module is easy.

The HVAC assembly is not, and requires the entire forward interior to be removed except the steering column.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The module is easy.

The HVAC assembly is not, and requires the entire forward interior to be removed except the steering column.
O yes I can have the HVAC Modle out in 5 minute but not the Later.
I need to find out what the specs are those OP,SW,.HW and CI or Cl

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
The eBay module is definitely looks newer.
20100422125520 looks like a time stamp i.e
Year 2010
Month 04
Date 22
Then time in hour, minutes and seconds

This also matches up with newer HW (hardware) revision

SW is software revision

no idea what OP is (maybe options) or CI or CI is

Main thing is that it's working :D

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm digging through stuff in Midsomer (Factory manual) and haven't even come close to Detective Inspector Syked break down.

(I've stayed in the real Midsomer last year, we survived)

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The eBay module is definitely looks newer.
20100422125520 looks like a time stamp i.e
Year 2010
Month 04
Date 22
Then time in hour, minutes and seconds

This also matches up with newer HW (hardware) revision

SW is software revision

no idea what OP is (maybe options) or CI or CI is

Main thing is that it's working :D
Yes i was Digging for Acronyms for HVAC and I came up with the same but Still want to purchase the same as the original so what I Need it the Part Number so WHICH ONE IS the Part Number out of that lot.
I say Hardware and Software is important.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yesterday I dismantled the HVAC Module to see if I can find Swollen Capacitors/ dry joints/ other and the Main 3 Capacitors were ok but what I was surprised when the car is off the key is out of the Ignition the Main Cable on the PCB is marked as Motor and ground have 12.3Volts on the ends of the red and black lead. Strange to have power to go into them when the ignition is off but the printed Circuit Board say its Motor and Ground so does the lid but how does it has 12 volts going to the motor and has 12.3v is there if its a motor lead itself. Need to investigate.