Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE II Equipe

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi All.

An opportunity has come up for me to purchase a Equipe at a good price, has just on 100k.

Knowing the ecotecs inside out, I know very little on the SIDI 3L engines.

So, what is required at the 105k service ? Plugs ? Coolant ? Etc. sorry I don't have the service book at the moment.
Does the transmission need servicing or is it a sealed life time system ?
Anything else particular that goes wrong with these engines ?

Since it's at 100k and just turned 5, I'm tempted to book it in for all fluids to be changed if I do purchase the car.
It's been owned by a mature couple in their 60s, services up to date, so I don't expect it to be flogged out.
Any insight would be great. Cheers.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Good service history a must, more services the better. If a city car good to do a auto service.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Start doing 7500k oil changes. 15000k is 2 long.
"It's been owned by a mature couple in their 60s"
Made for the olders not much grunt.
But if you just need a daily I think it would be good.
If it was me I would do a couple of 5000k oil changes.
I`m sure the 105000k is the big one.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Plugs should have been changed at 90k. Use platinum.
Coolant every 5 years.....Use red coolant.
Brakes flushed every two years.
As said I also feel 12 months.15000k is far too long between oil changes.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
It's a Gold Coast/Brisbane car. Just the standard servicing done by the book. I'll definitely be doing the 5000km/6 month option to avoid any more possible sludge up in the engine.

I don't mind spending to have everything done if I'm not sure, the price I'm getting it for and spend another 1k on a big service is still a great deal. And I know it's all done.

As for power, I'm not that concerned, it's a family car, and will cruise on the hwy easy and not revving at 3800rpm like a Yaris.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
As for power, I'm not that concerned, it's a family car, and will cruise on the hwy easy and not revving at 3800rpm like a Yaris.
Right up your alley I think it will be a great car.
Good luck with it.
P.S. do the auto.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
It's a Gold Coast/Brisbane car. Just the standard servicing done by the book. I'll definitely be doing the 5000km/6 month option to avoid any more possible sludge up in the engine.

I don't mind spending to have everything done if I'm not sure, the price I'm getting it for and spend another 1k on a big service is still a great deal. And I know it's all done.

As long as it's been looked after you won't be disappointed. The Equipe is a beautiful car- basically a cross between a Berlina and a Calais. In terms of power very little difference between the 3L and 3.6. 3L has much better economy on the highway. Not a lot in it around town.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
It's been given a 9/10 trade in score by a prestige dealer, minus 2 tiny door dints from car parks.

Does anyone have a photo of the 105k service list from their book they could post up ? Just trying to gain what information I can, would be appreciated.

From what I understand the 6L50 trans doesn't get services for regular driving is that right ? What I've read they just remain sealed until an issue occurs. Will still consider it though.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
NO oil is that good, service regularly like all other auto's (20'000klm) and engines. you look after it and it will look after you (well should)