Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE II Omega audio system

Robin Oosterbeek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Omega
I am hoping someone has already done this, I am looking for an Apple / Android Car Entertainment System, I have the stock Entertainment Unit and finding it’s just lacking what I want. So if anyone has any ideas on make and model of a Unit that fits in with in reason well and what functions do I loose if I do change the Unit, My preference is pioneer but it’s not something I am looked into.

Also how easy was it to install, was there extra items needed that was not supplied.

Thank you all in advance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You will need to retro fit a series one set up to get anything at all to fit. (Pre IQ)

It’s the only way.

After that, if you have a dual climate control, there is the G8 Designs set up or the more expensive Alpine climate control product.

What has recently come onto the scene is the huge 11” unit.

https://www.digoptions.com.au/huge-11-android-gps-for-holden-commodore-ve-series

The good thing with this is the physical hazard switch.

It also handles both dual and single climate control.

As for CarPlay, this can now be added to any Android head unit with the use of a CarPlay dongle.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Do like the size and look of this unit. Don’t like all the dubious set up stuff. A more refined software interface would be good.