Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE II Sportwagon reverse sensor issues

leighbo1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this issue that has been giving me the S*#@Ts and I cannot for the life of me work it out.

Little back story. A few months ago the reverse sensors would fail intermittently and come up with "Park assist fail" on our VE series 2 Omega sportwagon. This changed more recently to failing every time the car would be turned on at the system check screen.
We have sold the car and I assured the new owners that it was as simple as replacing the module (How wrong I was!) and it would be sorted by the time they picked the car up this Friday. In short it wasn't the module near the battery in the rear. There is a tow bar fitted and the magnet is missing out of the flap so I have bypassed this by joining the white and grey wires to falsely create the circuit.
All fuses are good so I am stumped as to what is causing this. I had a made plug in his scan tool last night and a code came up as "Park assist audio output circuit" so I guess its got something to do with that.

Can any of you marvelous geniuses help me!?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have a Sportwagon and I have the exact same setup, with the Magnet in the Trailer Plug,
being a Reedswitch type system, and I had not the same issue, but similar,
The Magnet fell out of mine one time when hitching my trailer up when I was plugging it in,
Where it fell on the ground, so I picked it up placed it in the consule and forgot about it after I used the trailer,
Then wondered why the reversing sensors were not working, then realised why,
I got some silicon and place a small amount in the plug flap and placed the magnet back in its location.
All working now.
In your case, could the plug for the reversing sensors have fallen out, or corroded/damaged in some way ?
Its located halfway up behind the bumper cover on the left hand side, below the taillight.
What code number did it produce ?

Last edited:

leighbo1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
Yes, there is a chance that the trailer plug wire is the issue, thats not something I had considered and not something I have looked at, nice spot! the code it produced was " B0953 Park assist audio output circuit" Since I put this post up i have also swapped out the rear sensors but that also did nothing. I have a new speaker coming in today, after that I have no idea what else it could be. I guess its a job for the Holden techs then!

leighbo1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
Just in case anyone stumbles on this post in the future, the cause ended up being the little speaker for the beeping located in the roof lining. Cost around $50 delivered from a wreckers and was quite easy to install myself.

elmazri

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE SS-V
Hi mate, did you have to remove any plastics or roof lining to install it?