Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Illegal Lights..?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
MattB-05 where abouts in Adelaide did you get caught? were your lights on during the day? i use mine at night but after reading your thread am scared to use them, the cops will come up with any excuse to get revenue

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
For anyone interested here are the changes to Austalian Road Rules that were introduced in January:
Road Safety : Latest news & Initiatives

Here is the Fog Light one ($140 fine):
Fog lights

Drivers can only use front fog lights in hazardous weather conditions. This brings the rule into line with the existing situation for rear fog lights. Use of fog lights in other conditions can dazzle oncoming drivers. Previously front fog lights that dazzled approaching drivers were dealt with as an offence under a different rule.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Kind of strange because didn't they make Volvo's that had head lights that stayed on all the time!!!:bang:
Just tring to kill peoples sprits so we all drive round in white Toyota Camry's.:cry:

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
too late $160 Fine:bang:
I thought they were driving lights though... Thought they had 2 be yellow as it is the only colour that actually aids in fog... white just illuminates the fog..

The fog lights are supposed to be aimed at at a lower angle than headlights and so as not to bounce back off the fog (so the headlights should be switched off).
Driving lights should only be able to be switched on with high beam and it is illegal to have high beam on within 200m of another vehicle (approaching or following)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
IM near Brisbane I have mine on all the time at nigth and when its rainy and overcast,so do a lot of other people ,I have driven past cop cars without a promblem and most of the time they have there driving lights on aswell ,so Im not sure of the laws up here compared to the rest of AUS
But all of the Cars I have seen using them ,have been factory fitted lights

the boys in blue up here are pretty relaxed when it come sto the driving light/fog light thing. aslong as it's not hitting drivers in the eyes then they usualy dont care to much.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
the VE SS Toggy car around here cruises around with those lights on all the time ... he tried to book me at a booze bus for having my WH ones on and when i pointed out his were on he let me go!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
the boys in blue up here are pretty relaxed when it come sto the driving light/fog light thing. aslong as it's not hitting drivers in the eyes then they usualy dont care to much.

That was the same as here, until it was a huge spread on 'legislation changes' about it!

MattB-05

SS_346+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute M6
MattB-05 where abouts in Adelaide did you get caught? were your lights on during the day? i use mine at night but after reading your thread am scared to use them, the cops will come up with any excuse to get revenue

Hey got caught around the Modbury Area at night and he was driving behind me so I don't even know how he knew... I think $160 total is a bit much.. half that would be just as stupid...

But to tell u guys the truth I honestly didn't know that mine were illegal to have on... :unsure: If I did I wouldn't of had them on in the first place. Don't want to risk a fine over some lights being on..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Do you read the paper? it was on the front page a few weeks ago.

MattB-05

SS_346+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute M6
clearly not... otherwise i would know about it.