Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve key programming help (tech 2 guru's)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Are you a locksmith?

Do i need to be one to know that you cannot program a key and code it to the VE without going through the GM Security portal. And THEN programming the Immobiliser function? Because if you cant program the Immobiliser then you have a dead car for 10 minutes.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
i'm guessing a locksmith just copies the key, same as how they do the earlier keys.

but what happens if you lose all the keys? 100% a locksmith can't do a thing about it.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
i'm guessing a locksmith just copies the key, same as how they do the earlier keys.

but what happens if you lose all the keys? 100% a locksmith can't do a thing about it.
All locksmiths do is cut the key to the key code which the dealer supplies. Which will work in the ignition lock and any key barrels (except for glovebox) From there the new key has to be programmed so that it will be recognised by the car. This requires Tech 2 and also access to the GM Global Connect network.

Boxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
We can also go through the ECU and change designated key numbers, so you're wrong in that respect also. This goes for all commodore transponder keys.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
All locksmiths do is cut the key to the key code which the dealer supplies. Which will work in the ignition lock and any key barrels (except for glovebox) From there the new key has to be programmed so that it will be recognised by the car. This requires Tech 2 and also access to the GM Global Connect network.

so the VE keys can't even be cloned like the earlier ones?

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
So I'm guessing u buy up on tokens. How much per car

Boxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
So I'm guessing u buy up on tokens. How much per car

The MVP you don't, if you own an AD100 pro it uses $50 tokens though. We can do a genuine flip key for around $200, or a non genuine key without buttons but will still start the car for $140.

Boxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute

Locksmiths can change the locks and give you two brand new genuine keys that will lock out all old ones and start the car, and we can do it on site. So you save money by not towing it, plus a heap off what Holden were going to charge you.

But hey, I don't know anything apparently - better ask the amazing, all knowing guru Sabbath.