Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE key remote programming

Mister X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Having a look through a copy of the Pontiac G8 Owners Guide, and there is a section on how to pair key remotes with the car. Check http://www.pontiac.com/fileDownload.do?filename=/content/en/PDF/2008/manuals/08g8_manual.pdf Page 2-12.

It would seem that everything you need to pair key remotes with the car is contained within the car itself, or at least it is with the US model. My questions are...
  • Is this also the case with the Australian VE, i.e. you don't need any additional equipment?
  • If yes above, then how does one set the computer to pairing mode as the "Remote Key" option in the customisation menu is not present?
  • If the above answer is simple, then is the process the same as what is described in the Pontiac manual?

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
To program a new key u need the orginal, there is no setting in the options all u have to do is put the progamed key in first start car, turn off and the put the new key in and turn to on and then off, simple as that now the new key is programed and will start the car

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
had new key cut put it in the car now none of the keys will start the car any thoughts?

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
sorry double post

Last edited:

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Thats very strange so not even ur original key works any more?? have u given holden a call to find out if there is something ur not doin right or maybe needs to be done

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
waited 20 min then all three keys worked. then i set of the alarm so they all stoped working again 20 min and the original worked but the new one wont.
real odd might get it looked at tommorow at the dealer

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
had it in today all sorted and it didnt cost me a thing.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
what realy surprised me was i got the service done at the same time and the only tried to flease me once.
then charged me less that the quoted price when i picked it up