Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Key Transponder Removal

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
Hey all forgive the noob here as this may of been answered elsewhere but I cannot find it.
I am trying to locate and remove the transponder from my VE series II key. Has anyone done this here and
degree of difficulty? I purchased a flip key blade but in my haste forgot to check it if had an inbuilt transponder
to be re-programmed have been advised by seller I can remove the transponder from the current key but a bit
reluctant that's all. Any help would be great thanks guys and gals and any wombats around too.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
admin please delete as posted elsewhere :)

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
Hey all forgive the noob here as this may of been answered elsewhere but I cannot find it.
I am trying to locate and remove the transponder from my VE series II key. Has anyone done this here and
degree of difficulty? I purchased a flip key blade but in my haste forgot to check it if had an inbuilt transponder
to be re-programmed have been advised by seller I can remove the transponder from the current key but a bit
reluctant that's all. Any help would be great thanks guys and gals and any wombats around too.

youtube Holden VE Key and you will get several videos with steps showing how to take apart key (and flip key) its a very easy job.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah but nothing shows the actual transponder removal only the button part but cheers

13veSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z series SV6
yeah but nothing shows the actual transponder removal only the button part but cheers

Did you end up finding out how to do it?
the videos always show the transponder already loose. where as in the original non flip key shell it comes glued down.
i too want to know how to remove it without screwing myself into over $100.
mr minit no offense to them wants to charge like $260 for a new key cut and chip programming. dont think that very good. gotta be pretty dull to just say okay to that.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
True. To completely remove it, you will need to cut the key away from it. It is glued in place. Done dozens of them for remote starts.

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
I was only charged $35 (& 10 mins) at my local ultratune to program new flip key, Holden wanted an hour
That's if you don't want to destroy original key