Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve led lighting in Boot problem

MarksVe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi everyone,
Ive got a problem with some led lighting in the boot of my Ve iv tried to install and thought you guys might be able to help before it goes to an auto electrician.
Basicaly tried to add one of these led lighting kits from autobarn to replace the current lighting already in there. i also purchased to small directional led strips to be added tot he same line so that when the boot opens they all come on at once. They were all installed and worked for about an hour however i think one of the wires came loose and blew the fuse. i replaced the fuse and notrhing worked. i unhooked the led replacement for the original boot light and the two led strips began to work again. I had the led replacement tested at auto barn and its all fine however when its connectged it does not work and stops the other two leds working. Whats even weirder is its stopped the glove box light and the interior lights from working and all the globes are fine.
Any ideas????

Thanks
Mark

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
LEDs are polarity sensitive - unlike the globe(s) you removed, you have to observe correct orientation of the positive and negative supply. It's possible you are effectively "blocking" the power by having the LED the wrong way around in the circuit (power can only flow through an LED in one direction). Check your wiring and LED polarities.... a multimeter is your friend here....

MarksVe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I havent gotten a multimeter yet however ive tried the connecting the wires the other way and still nothing however i have to led strip lights which work fine connected to the same wires.

Mark