Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE LFX SIDI Gauge Install / Wiring + Senders

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Hey All,

I'm looking to fit some gauges to my LFX SIDI. I'm after Oil Temp + Oil Pressure and/or Coolant Temp.

Does anybody know a simple way of doing this (other then purchasing the very expensive OBDII gauges)?

Apparently I can't just use a T connection on the stock oil sender - "The 2012 SIDI is a bit different, there is not sender adaptor available so the job requires you to drill and tap a hole near the oil filter cartridge, this is not a job for a low experience fitter, if you stuff it up it will cost $400 to get a new part for your motor from GM."

Anybody got ideas? I'm picking up a gauge pod with the 3 HSV gauges, but apparently the HSV gauges won't work with my car (I would love to be able to use them though!, anybody know how?)

Cheers.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
see if you can get Zerone on this forum, hes into alot of this stuff, cant see why you cant use an adaptor (230.035BG T-piece Adaptor 1/8"27NPTF to M14x1.5) this fits alloytec engine) not sure about sidi thought fits near oil filter passenger side