Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Light change?

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Well I've taken the plunge and ordered my SV6 Manual with all the trimmings Holden currently offer.

I do however have a quick question about the front and rear lights. I was originally going to get an SSV however dropped down to a 6 for my certain reasons.

My question is does anyone know you can get the Projector head lights put on the SV6? and same with the tail lights? I've looked at both and I believe it would fit however is there something else needing to be added to make the projector lights function? and from what I can tell the SSV tail lights should fit on the rear of an SV6.

Comments are welcome as well :)

Thanks guys

Crackerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
I have just ordered a VE SS and optioned the front headlights to change to SS-V ones. I was not told by anyone at Holden at any stage that there was special requirements to fit SS-V lights to a SS/SV6 so I'm assuming that they should fit right in with no adjustments or extra requirements needed. But you know what assuming does.....

Crackerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
crackerz, out of interest what did they sting you for a head light upgrade?

STING is right!! The "upgrade" to projector headlights is around $1100.00 (labour included). That sounds a bit rich to me but I saved money in other areas so I decided to go ahead with it as I really do like the projectors. I would be interested to hear what other dealers charge for the so called "upgrade".

Hope that helped.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
STING is right!! The "upgrade" to projector headlights is around $1100.00 (labour included). That sounds a bit rich to me but I saved money in other areas so I decided to go ahead with it as I really do like the projectors. I would be interested to hear what other dealers charge for the so called "upgrade".

Hope that helped.

the projector head lights are good but im not sure the worth the 1100 price tag

Crackerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore
the projector head lights are good but im not sure the worth the 1100 price tag

I would tend to agree with you but, as I said above, I did save money in other areas (Holden Mastercard rebate for example) so I decided to go ahead with it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it. I am not convinced the change of lights is worth that price tag if you are not saving money elsewhere.