Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE & LPG... can duel fuel be done?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I got a VX. I converted it (well the LPG dude did it) to LPG.

Runs super fine and saves me big bucks.

Can LPG be added later to a VE? I know they make a LPG model but I was wanting to see if it can be done aftermarket so I can get duel fuel.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Airstrike Plus

Last edited:

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
If it a VE Alloytec you looking at converting then do some more research.. The Alloytec after 30 - 35000 km pack up and are useless. Appentlr ruins the heads and some internals from what i have been told by about 4 different people. Thats my two bobs could be wrong could be right. Cheers

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Haven't heard anything like that OBR1EN...

I would recommend investigating the liquid injection systems. I know people putting liquid injection dual fuel systems into VEs without any loss in power when running on gas!

Looks completely STOCK when the engine cover is on too (yes I know these pics aren't of a VE)...

IMGP0169.jpg

IMGP0171.jpg

IMGP0175.jpg

Pic of the tank is in a Falcon, but it's the same dohnut tank used on the VE setup.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
We have an Alloytec190 on (aftermarket) LPG. Conversions for the Alloytec engines must be of the injected type (either vapour or liquid injection) to meet emissions requirements as well as to eliminate the backfire problem. Power and torque is indistinguishable between petrol (98 RON PULP) and LPG if you're using vapour injection or noticeably higher than petrol if you're using liquid injection. So far our engine has covered over 20,000km on LPG and has just had a gas service (odometer reads 70,000km). Alloytec engines do not give in at 30,000km on LPG - far from it!

Regards,
Dave

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Alloytec engines must be of the injected type (either vapour or liquid injection) to meet emissions requirements as well as to eliminate the backfire problem.

My EL Falcon backfired for the first time since I've had it today while running on LPG. Scared the **** outa me. I was told it would happen but wasn't expecting a sonic boom! lol

poweredbycng

Reaction score
My EL Falcon backfired for the first time since I've had it today while running on LPG. Scared the **** outa me. I was told it would happen but wasn't expecting a sonic boom! lol

Check your intake manifold for damage and then replace your plugs, leads and dizzy cap. Backfiring is usually associated with worn ignition components. If that fails, replace your coil pack and/or get the LPG system serviced.

Regards,
Dave

blownba

Reaction score
more missinformation.
If you had read the thread that you ripped the pics from you wouldn't be posting the dribble you have.
And the pics ARE of a VE . You ****

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
Haven't heard anything like that OBR1EN...

I would recommend investigating the liquid injection systems. I know people putting liquid injection dual fuel systems into VEs without any loss in power when running on gas!

Looks completely STOCK when the engine cover is on too (yes I know these pics aren't of a VE)...

IMGP0169.jpg

ull find that the car in the pic is a VE